Expected availability early 2012.
- Frequency Coverage
- 25-54 MHz
- 108-174 MHz
- 225-380 MHz
- 400-512 MHz
- 10 Channel Storage Banks - You can store up to 50 frequencies into each bank for a total of 500 frequencies so you can more easily identify calls.
- Close Call RF Capture Technology - you can set the scanner so it detects and provides information about nearby radio transmissions
- Close Call Do-Not-Disturb - checks for Close Call activity in between channel reception so active channels are not interrupted.
- Close Call Temporary Store - temporarily stores and scans the last 10 Close Call hits in the 'Close Call Hits' system.
- PC Programming - you can download information into the scanner and control the scanner via your personal computer.
- CTCSS and DCS Squelch Modes - rapid search for CTCSS/DCS tones/codes used during a transmission. You can identify up to 50 CTCSS tones and 104 DCS codes.
- Direct Access - lets you directly access any channel.
- Lock-Out Function - lets you set your scanner to skip over specified channels or frequencies when scanning or searching.
- Temporary Lockout - makes it easy to temporarily lock out any channel or frequency. The lockout is cleared when you turn power off, then back on so you don’t have to remember to unlock the channels later.
- Triple-Conversion Circuitry - virtually eliminates any interference from IF (intermediate frequency) images, so you hear only the selected frequency.
- Text Tagging - you can name each channel, using up to 16 characters per name.
- Service Banks - frequencies are preset in 10 separate Police, Fire/Emergency, Ham, Marine, Railroad, Civil Air, Military Air, CB Radio, FRS/GMRS/MURS, and Racing banks to make it easy to locate specific types of calls and search any or all of these banks.
- Priority Scan with Do Not Disturb - lets you program one channel in each bank (10 in all) and then have the scanner check each channel every 2 seconds while it scans the banks so you don’t miss transmissions on those channels. Do-Not Disturb keeps the scanner from interrupting transmissions during receiving.
- Priority Plus Scan - you can set the scanner so it scans only the priority channels.
- Scan/Search Delay/Resume - controls whether the scanner pauses at the end of the transmission to wait for a reply. You can set the Delay time for each Channel, Close Call Search, Custom Search, and Service search. You can also set a negative delay where the scanner stops on transmissions for a set time then automatically resumes.
- Custom Search - lets you program up to 10 Custom Search Ranges and search any or all of these ranges.
- Quick Search - allows you to enter a frequency and start searching up or down from that frequency.
- Turbo Search - increases the search speed from 100 to 300 steps per second automatically for bands with 5 kHz steps.
- Search Lockouts - you can lock up to 200 search frequencies: 100 temporary frequencies and 100 permanent frequencies in Custom Search, Service Search, Close Call Search, or Quick Search Modes.
- Weather Alert Priority - the scanner scans active WX channels every 5 seconds to check for the presence of a 1050 Hz Weather Alert Tone.
- Weather Alert Standby - the scanner allows you to monitor for weather alerts broadcast on NOAA channels.
- Display Backlight - You can turn on/off the LCD backlight, set it operate on squelch only, keypress only, or both.
- Signal Strength Meter - shows the signal strength for more powerful transmissions.
- Flexible Antenna with BNC Connector - provides adequate reception in strong signal areas and is designed to help prevent antenna breakage. Or, you can connect an external antenna for better reception.
- Memory Backup - keeps the frequencies stored in memory for an extended time if the scanner loses power.
- Two Power Options - let you power the scanner using the included two AA rechargeable or alkaline batteries or the supplied USB cable.
- Built-In Charger - allows you to charge Ni-MH batteries in the scanner using a USB port on any computer and the supplied USB cable.
- Key Confirmation Tones - You can turn on/off a tone that sounds when you perform an operation correctly or if you make an error.
- Key Lock - lets you lock the scanner's keys to help prevent accidental changes to the scanner's programming.
- Battery Save - works when there is no transmission for 1 minute in Scan Hold Mode and any Search Hold Mode (without Priority Scan). This feature turns off RF power for 1 second and turns on it for 300ms to extend the battery life.
- Battery Low Alert - the icon will blink in the display and a tone warns you every 15 seconds when the battery power gets low
Firmware version currently shipping with the BC125AT as of Jan 2014 (per startup screen). Change log and download location unknown at this time.
1.03.01 (September 5, 2012)
Add a function to switch from USA to Canadian band plans on power up:
Hold 1 during power up to change to the USA band plan.
Hold 2 during power up to change to the Canadian band plan.
1.02.05 (April 27, 2012)
This update makes the following changes: Update the frequency steps in the VHF band to match the latest FCC Narrowbanding band plan. Change the opening screen to include the current firmware version.
Apply a one-time routine to convert the memory image of existing channels to the new format required by the narrowbanding change. Change how Marine channels are displayed during service search.
Fixed a bug that could cause scanning/reception to stop with certain combinations of Close Call and other features selected.
- External Links
Yahoo Groups and Mailing Lists (software and receiver support)
Return to Uniden Scanners