Bayfield County (WI)
Welcome to the Bayfield County Wisconsin collaboration article. This is where you, the user, may index any articles you develop for scanning related topics for your area.
- All communications are to be in clear text, but some still use the unit numbers which are shown in parenthesis.
- Barnes Ambulance (EMS 21)
- Bayfield Ambulance (EMS 31 and 32)
- Great Divide Ambulance 1 and 2 (EMS 41 and 42) -- a one paramedic ALS service
- Iron River Ambulance 1 and 2 (EMS 51 and 52)
- Mason Ambulance 1 and 2 (EMS 61 and 62)
- Red Cliff Ambulance (EMS 71)
- South Shore Ambulance (EMS 81)
- Washburn Ambulance 1, 2, and 3 (EMS 91, 92, and 93)
- Ashland Fire Department provides intercepts for the BLS units and also covers a portion of the county. They identify with their normal Med callsigns, Med 2, Med 4....
- Most personnel identify with their level of training and either last name, or initials such as:
- EMT JC
- First Responder Smith
- Numbers within their respective decades are sometimes used for personnel, as in the case where EMS 54 is used by the Iron River ambulance director.
- The fire departments use only clear text. Dispatch internally views the departments as one entity so most communications take place such as "Iron River Fire to Dispatch, we are enroute." Internal and inter-department communications may use the department name, the specific apparatus, or the individuals name.
- 200's - Bayfield County Sheriff
- 300's - Washburn Police
- 400's - Bayfield Police
- 500's - Iron River Police
- 900's - Red Cliff Police
- BR##'s - Reserve Sheriff Deputies
- BC##'s - Town Constables
- 800's and 250-299 - CCO's (Civilian Communications Operators), Jail Personnel, Coroner, Deputy Coroners, and Emergency Management
- Standard timing of 1 sec, 3 sec
Fire and EMS
|Great Divide Ambulance||879.0||788.5
|Iron River Fire/Amb||707.3||746.8
|Port Wing Fire||810.2||457.9
|Red Cliff Fire/Amb||457.9||767.4
|South Shore Amb||810.2||433.7
|Washburn Public Works||746.8||510.5