Data Removal Policy
RadioReference.com will NOT honor requests to remove system information for City, State, and Local Government authorities. The system information provided on these pages provides an important resource to well meaning users of the data, and we do not intend to change that.
However, RadioReference.com reserves the right to remove any data from the database at their sole discretion
As of 5/19/2008 - RadioReference.com will no longer remove information from the database for Federal and Military Radio Communications information unless required by court order. Our previous policy was to remove information if officially requested by a federal or military agency, however that policy has now been rescinded and is no longer in effect. Any data that was previously removed will no longer be subject to the past removal policy and may be brought back into the database.
There are only a few instances where data on the Wiki will be removed. These include:
- Empty articles - they serve no purpose except as a placeholder - they should be used sparingly
- Articles that exactly duplicate other articles - these add confusion since they frequently repeat information available in another article which is more complete anyway
- Articles with a single link and nothing else - wasteful
- Spam and malicious content - This includes Talk and discussion pages.
There are a few instances where posts and threads will be removed from the Forums database when requested:
- When a user's job is in jeopardy due to a posting or thread participation AND the post was made prior to Aug 30, 2011. Posts after this date now put accountability on the user. See this post in the Forum Rules and Guidelines.
- When SPAM or malicious content is posted.
- When the content is deemed illegal in the Country the member is posting from.
Each of these instances are up to the discretion of the RadioReference.com staff and are subject to our Terms and Conditions on the site.