Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System (GATRRS)
Public Trunked Radio System
|Name||Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System (GATRRS)|
Texas State DOT
Bastrop, Burnet, Jim Hogg, Starr, Travis, Webb, Williamson, Zapata
Austin, Giddings, Lockhart, Marble Falls, Roma
Middle Rio Grande Development Council
|Band||VHF High, 700/800 MHz|
|Type||Project 25 Phase I|
|KNNI571, WPIR949, WPLP814, WPLW286, WPPZ330, WPQY686, WPQY813, WPVZ405, WPVZ406, WPVZ407, WPVZ408, WPVZ409, WPVZ410, WPVZ411, WPVZ412, WPVZ413, WPVZ414, WPVZ418, WPVZ419, WPVZ421, WPVZ422, WPVZ424, WPVZ426, WPVZ427, WPVZ428, WPVZ432, WPWJ533, WPXX380, WPXX386, WPYU318, WPZR511, WPZW899, WPZW901, WQBC298, WQBG890, WQDN876, WQES801, WQEW741, WQGH438, WQIV852, WQKS686, WQLK666, WQMI747, WQOM797, WQQQ831, WQUL475, WQVA552, WQWY841, WQXX969|
WQIC798, WQIC799, WQKQ563, WQLA844
|Database||FCC Site Map|
|Forum||RR Site Map|
Wiki Home → Collaboration Gateway → United States → Texas → multiple Counties → Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System (GATRRS) TRS
Welcome to the Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System (GATRRS) collaboration article, a Multi-County Public Trunked Radio System located in multiple Counties, Texas, United States.
This is where you, the user, may index any articles you develop for scanning related topics for this Trunked Radio System.
The following agencies use this system:
- City of Austin (including APD, AFD, EMS, Convention Center, trash, water, streets, animal control, etc)
- Travis County (TCSO, parks, school crossing guards, road crews, corrections)
- Travis County Fire/EMS Agencies including STARflight talking to those agencies
- Austin ISD police, busses and within the schools.
- Austin Community College (ACC Police mostly)
- Capital Metro is using LCRA system.
- Cities of Manor, Lakeway, Pflugerville, Rollingwood, West Lake Hills
- Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) along with the VHF also.
- Texas DOT is mostly using the LCRA system; except maintenance on cameras and freeway signs.
- Texas Legislative Council (very little heard and mostly on 700 Mhz)
- Texas House of Representatives (very little heard and mostly on 700 Mhz)
- The University of Texas police, maintenance, events
- Williamson County mostly scrambled
- Cities of Cedar Park, Georgetown, Leander and Round Rock mostly scrambled
- Bastrop County using 2 systems (2 towers)
- Caldwell County 700 and 800 Mhz
- Lee County not much traffic heard
- Agencies in the Middle Rio Grande Valley
- Burnet, Blanco and Llano County along with some old VHF
1473 is not Security Team 2; they are discussing which baggage conveyor belts to use. As far as I know there is only one security talkgroup.
They have allocated to them Facilities Maintenance, Building Maintenance, and Airfield Maintenance. There are also Operations, which deals with things like flights being late and gate changes and such, and Operations Security, which are the heavily armed men in black roaming the concourse. There are 4 talkgroups allocated for general purpose airport use that are not used for anything. There are a few others as well. I can't identify which talkgroup number goes with which use however.
September 2017 observations:
TG 563: no longer parking enforcement, traffic revolves around repairing hydrants.
TG 554: appears to be the new parking enforcement TG. Talk group not currently listed here.
TG 617: WCSD (COA Wireless Communications Services Division) -- heard testing BDA system at a water plant. Talk group not currently listed here.
TG 592: Security team, possibly for city hall based on traffic. Talk group not currently listed here.
TG 3625: Some form of police, traffic indicates Del Rio, TX area. Talk group not currently listed here.
TG 1240: St. David's Pflugerville ER. Talk group not currently listed here.
Related Wiki Pages
Return to Wiki page: Trunked Radio Systems (TX)