Uniden's name for an individual call between two radios or between a radio and a console operator on a Motorola or EDACS trunked radio system.
Also called "Private Call".
- The PSR-500 and 600 sets I-Call as a Private Wildcard in the menu
- The PSR-300 and 400 cannot receive I-Calls
Radio Shack Scanners
- The PRO-163 and 164 cannot receive I-Calls
- For the BC250D and 785D (and possibly the 296 and 796);
- add i0000 to a scan list for an EDACS system
- For a Motorola system, enter .0 (decimal point then zero). The scanner will convert this to the ICall wildcard 700000
- To detect an I-Call in ID Search mode, insure that the option is turned on for the system (DMA Scanners)
- To add an I-Call associated with a talkgroup, to scan it in ID Scan mode, add 700000 to the value; i.e. if the talkgroup is 16, then the I Call talkgroup would be 700016
- For the XT series of radios, the I-Call is automatic in ID Search (as is all patch TGID's), in ID Scan you need to program the wildcard ".0" (i000000 Motorola / i0000 EDACS) for decimal display, or "." for HEX display. The 700000 number is no longer used, but is displayed as the radio ID, as seen in a trunked decoder program. Many of the third party software packages will do this for you by setting the I-Call flag.