IScan Installation and Tips
The iScan software is used for the following scanners:
The software will format Secure Digital cards for the radio, update the iScan Radioreference database on the included SD card, and allow the user to create or modify objects in the iScan memory files.
- Windows Vista users: When upgrading the supplied iScan software, users MUST right click on the desktop shortcut and launch the iScan software by selecting the option to run the application under "administrator" mode. If you do not do this you will get an error message when trying to update the library or the software. Even if you are the administrator on file and look at properties of your computer and it shows you are the administrator most likely all programs are launched under "user" mode. Users Must launch iScan under "administrator" mode to be able to update without error.
- Windows 7 users: The supplied iScan software must be installed by selecting the option to run the application under "administrator" mode. Subsequent operation of the software can be done in "normal" user mode.
- The iScan software will allow the user to update firmware, update the Radioreference iScan database, format and prepare an SD card, and manipulate objects and playlists. Operation is point and click and pull down menus. Input for manual programming of conventional and trunked systems is also available for both new and downloaded playlists from and to the radio via transfer to the SD card connected to the computer. SD access is not available via the supplied USB/serial cable. Firmware updates are done with the USB/Serial cable directly to the radio through the iScan software.
- Changes to the squelch mode for conventional frequencies (CTCSS, DCS, etc.) can only be modified via the supplied iScan software.
- iScan has a data output on the PC/IF via the supplied USB to serial cable when enabled (for analog systems only). UniTrunker (as of 220.127.116.11) <Note: not yet verified to be working> and Trunk88 are reported to support it.
Entering Custom Tables
- Click on the Trunked Radio Systems Tab
- Click on the Site you wish to enter the custom tables.
- Click on the Site Options tab to the right.
- On the Trunking Tables to the right, select Custom in the pull down menu
- Click Edit
- Enter in the values you want.
- Click OK
- If you want to apply it to all sites, click "Apply to All Sites"