Monroe County (IN)
Dispatch And Radio Information
The Sheriff's Department, Bloomington Police Department, Ellettsville Police Department, IU Health Bloomington Hospital Ambulance Service, and all of the county's fire agencies are dispatched by one centralized dispatch center (Central Dispatch).
The IU Police Department handles its own 911 calls and dispatches them accordingly. They must call Central Dispatch for fire and medic units.
All of the police departments in the county are on the Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (P25) TRS. The Sheriff's Department and Ellettsville Police Department share a talkgroup. The ambulance service from both Monroe Hospital and IU-Bloomington Health are still using VHF channels. Fire units use a mix of SAFE-T, VHF, and UHF.
There are three SAFE-T sites in Monroe County:
|Site||Name||Freqs|| || || || || |
|Site||Name||Freqs|| || || || |
|Site||Name||Freqs|| || || || || |
Law Enforcement Unit Numbering
- Monroe County Sheriff's Department
To save time the department decided to strip the 53 from their unit numbers when using the radio. All units will use a one- or two-digit number (e.g. 28).
Units no longer call dispatch "Monroe County". It has been reduced to just "county".
- Bloomington Police Department
They never reuse a unit number so unit numbers range from 12xx to 15xx. Units call dispatch "Bloomington".
- Ellettsville Police Department
Units EV1 through EV10 are paid officers. Units EV20 and above are reserve units. Units call dispatch "Ellettsville".
Full-time officers have unit numbers below 100. Part-time officers and cadets have unit numbers in either the 500s or 600s. Units call dispatch "headquarters"
EMS Unit Numbering
- Medic 202 - IUEMTS ALS unit based behind Bloomington Hospital at 1st and Rogers
- Medic 204 - IUEMTS ALS unit based at Ellettville Fire Station 7
- Medic 206 - IUEMTS ALS unit based on campus at 7th and Bryant
- Medic 208 - IUEMTS ALS unit based at Perry Clear Creek Fire Station 11
- Medic 210 - IUEMTS ALS unit based at 1st and Rogers, used mainly for routine transfers and jumping runs for other units
- Medic 212 - IUEMTS unit brought into service for special events
- Medic 218 - IUEMTS BLS unit based at Ellettsville Fire Station 7, used if no other units available, requires fire unit to go out of service
- Medic 220 - IUEMTS unit brought in service if high demand
- Squad 301 - IUEMTS Paramedic Supervisor, based at Bloomington Hospital
- Squad 303 - IUEMTS Second Paramedic Supervisor, sometimes brought in service if 301 is already on a call
Signals and Codes
Most of the standard Indiana ten codes and signals are used with a few minor additions and changes:
- 10-7 generally means meal break when used by any police department except IUPD
- Code 6 means that the unit is their respective station (except for IUPD who is, for the most part, using plain talk)
- Signal 43 is rarely used (for some odd reason)
- Signal 34 is used and not its ten code counterpart
- Although not a code, you will often hear the word "on-call" which is a request for the wrecker on the rotation to be contacted and dispatched to the scene
Fire Tone Outs
On the Monroe County Central Dispatch fire dispatch channel (154.995 MHz), the paging format is Motorola Quick-Call II.
- Bloomington (City) FD/stations 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5: A-1153.4 Hz B-1185.2 Hz (note that as of mid November 2011, stations appear to have started being toned out with separate tones, with station 1 using the original tone for all station).
- Bloomington Township FD/stations 5 and 15: A-2460.0 Hz B-1129.0 Hz
- Bean Blossom Township-Stinesville FD/station 6: A-2468.2 Hz B-953.7 Hz
- Ellettsville FD/stations 7 and 8: A-669.9 Hz B-1217.8 Hz
- Van Buren Township FD/stations 9 and 19: A-349.0 Hz B-389.0 Hz
- Indian Creek Township FD/station 10: A-1251.4 Hz B-799.0 Hz
- Perry-Clear Creek Township FD/stations 11 and 21: A-2840.0 Hz B-1185.2 Hz
- Benton Township FD/station 14: A-2460.0 Hz B-1598.4 Hz
On the Bloomington Hospital Ambulance Service control channel (155.325 MHz), the paging format is Motorola Quick-Call II.
- Medic 202: A-1285.8 Hz B-617.4 Hz
- Medic 204: A-707.3 Hz B-1006.9 Hz
- Medic 206: A-615.8 Hz B-2401.0 Hz
- Medic 208: A-832.5 Hz B-378.6 Hz
- Medic 218 and Medic 220: A-669.9 Hz B-1217.8 Hz
- Squad 301: A-584.8 Hz B-553.9 Hz