Object Oriented Scanners Issues
What Scanners Does this Article Discuss?
The following scanners are covered in this article
- These are analog trunking only scanners. The others listed in this table can handle Project 25 Phase 1 trunking only.
- Originally the PRO-18 was released around the same time as the PSR-800, but with less features. It is NOT the equivalent to the WS1088.
- These scanners are capable of Project 25 Phase 1 and 2 decoding. Note that the PSR-800 may need a firmware fix as this capability was added at the end of production
- These scanners are capable of DMR MOTOTRBO decoding with a free upgrade from Whistler
- These scanners are capable of NXDN decoding with a free upgrade from Whistler
Please put all information on operating issues (except overloading issues, which has its own article) and how to resolve them here. If the tip is specific to a scanner or scanners, please be sure to mention this.
- Default scanlist - The default scanlist is 01. If you're creating objects manually but can't find them, check scanlist 01.
- Search Steps - Search steps or increments are not definable by the user. Try changing the BandPlan setting to Canada for 5 kHz steps. GRE says this feature is often requested.
- Nothing Enabled error:
- No scanlists are enabled. Turn on one or more scanlists.
- Scanlists are enabled but empty. Create and/or associate objects with scanlists.
- Scanlist is enabled but all objects in scanlist are locked out. Unlock some objects.
- Note - (Pro-106/197 and PSR-500/600 only) For a TSYS it's possible to lock out a wildcard talkgroup AND the TSYS itself, which will cause Nothing Enabled until both are unlocked.
Pro-106/197 and PSR-500/600 Tips
- TSYS / TGRP objects - A TGRP object must be created before a TSYS. If the NEW / TGRP buttons are pressed too quickly, a blank TGRP is created in the default scanlist. Press the buttons slowly.
- If you find the Signal Stalker/Spectrum Sweeper is consistently off frequency (Pro-106/197 and PSR-500/600 only);
- Prog Func F3 Down To Zeromatic Values
- Enter The following 8 Numbers In Order
Return to the GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanners FAQ
Return to the GRE/RS PC Object Oriented FAQ