Pro-106 and Pro-197 CPU/DSP Upgrades
Please use this article to document all CPU and DSP upgrades for the Radio Shack Pro-197 and Pro-106 scanners.
To find the updates, see the scanner's Yahoo group, or check the next section
Display Current Firmware Level
You can check the firmware version levels by pressing '3' while the scanner's powerup Welcome Message is displayed.
A sample output (Latest versions shown):
- uP App Ver: RF2.1
- DSP AppVer: RF1.4
- DSP VocVer: RF1.0
CPU 2.1 Upgrade
CPU 2.1 fixes
- Fixed Marine, VHF, and UHF search frequencies
CPU 2.0 Upgrade
CPU 2.0 fixes
- Pressing the ATT key during scanning while on a CONV object causes the object to be stored to EEPROM immediately. This eliminates the possibility of the ATT status change being lost due to a Priority check.
- Changed 154-156MHz range to accommodate Marine channels
- Added duplicate checking to conventional channels created via PGM NEW CONV
CPU 1.9 Upgrade
CPU 1.9 fixes
- Pressing the ATT key during scanning while on a CONV object causes the object to be stored to EEPROM immediately. This eliminates the possibility of the ATT status change being lost due to a Priority check
CPU 1.8 and DSP 1.4 Upgrades
CPU 1.8 fixes
- Adds patch support for P25, Motorola and EDACS trunking
- Changes CCDump type string to "EDn" if "narrow invert" is turned on
- Corrects LCD “mirror image” issue
DSP 1.4 fixes
- Minimizes the possibility of a previous NAC displayed on a new transmission.