Pro-106 and Pro-197 CPU/DSP Upgrades
Please use this article to document all CPU and DSP upgrades for the Radio Shack Pro-197 and Pro-106 scanners.
To find the updates, see the scanner's Yahoo group, or check the next section
IMPORTANT! DO NOT USE THESE ON WHISTLER MADE SCANNERS / PRO 651/652 RADIOS!
YOUR RADIO WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE!
See for more info - GRE made Scanner Firmware Update Thread
Display Current Firmware Level
You can check the firmware version levels by pressing '3' while the scanner's powerup Welcome Message is displayed.
A sample output (Latest versions shown):
- uP App Ver: RF2.1
- DSP AppVer: RF1.4
- DSP VocVer: RF1.0
CPU 2.1 Upgrade
CPU 2.1 fixes
- Fixed Marine, VHF, and UHF search frequencies
CPU 2.0 Upgrade
CPU 2.0 fixes
- Pressing the ATT key during scanning while on a CONV object causes the object to be stored to EEPROM immediately. This eliminates the possibility of the ATT status change being lost due to a Priority check.
- Changed 154-156MHz range to accommodate Marine channels
- Added duplicate checking to conventional channels created via PGM NEW CONV
CPU 1.9 Upgrade
CPU 1.9 fixes
- Pressing the ATT key during scanning while on a CONV object causes the object to be stored to EEPROM immediately. This eliminates the possibility of the ATT status change being lost due to a Priority check
CPU 1.8 and DSP 1.4 Upgrades
CPU 1.8 fixes
- Adds patch support for P25, Motorola and EDACS trunking
- Changes CCDump type string to "EDn" if "narrow invert" is turned on
- Corrects LCD “mirror image” issue
DSP 1.4 fixes
- Minimizes the possibility of a previous NAC displayed on a new transmission.