Programming Shortcut PSR-500/600 RS Pro-106/197
What Models Does This Document Cover?
This document covers several models from GRE, Radio Shack and Whistler, all of which share basically the same functionality
- Trunking w/ Analog Voice Only scanners, others shown in table can handle up-to Digital P25 Phase I
Always set Scanlist as outlined in step 4 with the (*) star key.
- TSYS Object (trunked system)
- 1. PROG
- 2. (F1)NEW
- 3. (F1)TGRP
- 4. Set scanlist # (default is *1) use SEL to toggle list *1 off then right key to change list to another list then press SEL to toggle * next to list number
- 5. Down to prompt on TSYS then SEL
- 6. Use default MOT 800/900 or right key (repeatedly) to change type Note: (P25 should be set to Auto so tables will populate automatically when Control Channel (CC) decodes data
- 7. Down to Tag: System then SEL then FUNC CL(R) for clearing system for up to 16 character alpha tag entry
- 8. Press numbered key under alpha letters to select letter then press either number 1, 2, 3 or 4 as indicated on top line which will place the letter at prompt on line 3 of display. Prompt is moved to next location. Note: R and L arrow will shift prompt for space or to move back to change a letter.
- 9. (F1) DONE
- 10. Down to Frequencies: then SEL
- 11. Key in 1st frequency then press ENT Note: Motorola and P25 systems require only controls and alternate controls to be programmed while EDACS and LTR systems require all frequencies and must be listed in LCN position.
- 12. Down to next and key in frequency (repeat this step until all are entered)
- 13. (F1) Save Note: if system is not MOT VHF/UHF, press (F1) Save again and move to TG Object section if system is MOT VHF/UHF go to step 21 and program custom T Table(s)
- 14. (F1) Save again Note: If no known talkgroup objects are available, press (F1) Save twice more then press scan to use the selected system with its Wildcard Object
- 15. If Talkgroup Objects are known ignore Note in step 14 and move to step 16
- 16. After second (F1) Save in step 14 use Down to ID: Wildcard press SEL then FUNC CLR
- 17. Enter ID number (use – for hyphen)
- 18. Down to Tag: OD: Wildcard flashing then SEL then FUNC CLR
- 19. As in step 8 key in up to 16 character alpha tag for Talkgroup Object
- 20. When finished save out then press SCAN
- For Motorola VHF/UHF system Types, key in T Tables
Generally the first Lo Chan is always 380 and the last channel is 759. When subsequent channels are needed, the Hi Chan of previous table is always one number less then next table Lo Chan. The final Hi Chan should always be channel 759. Lo Chan and Offset values are always the same.
- 21. Down through Expert for Type MOT VHF/UHF stop at T Tables: then Rt button to Custom.
- 22. SEL again and Key in 1st Lo Chan: then F1
- 23. Down and key in Hi Chan: then F1
- 24. Down and key in Offset: then F1
- 25. Down and key in Base: then F1
- 26. Down and key in Step: then F1
Note: if more tables are required repeat steps 22 through 26)
- 27. When complete with T Tables, press (F1) Save then (F1) Save again to return for Talkgroup Objects
- 28. Down to ID: Wildcard
- 29. Save out
- 31. After all data is entered and saved out, Press SCAN
Programming Conventional Objects start with PGM (F1) New then (F2) Conv. But insure they are mapped to a scanlist using the * star key with the list. For P25 use down button to Sq Mode then change to P25 with right button. If NAC number is known, change P25 NAC on next line from (Search) using right button to the known NAC. Save out when finished
- Setting T Tables for rebanding
Applying Rebanding Custom Tables to an Existing TSYS
- Once you find the system, either the TSYS, or an associated TGRP object, you'll see "TSYS" down at the bottom of the display.
- Press F2 (You'll see Analyze at the bottom of the display)
- Now hit PGM (program)
- You'll see three choices- NEW EDIT GLOB
- Choose EDIT (over the F2 key)
- Now, 3 more choices- <DUPE CURR FIND>
- Select CURR (again, over the F2 key)
- Use the down arrow to get down to the system
- Arrow down to the frequencies
- Press the right arrow to select
- Now, press the right arrow to select and edit each system frequency as required.
- Once you're done, hit F1 (Save)
- Arrow on down, past **EXPERT BELOW**
- You'll finally get to T Tables
- Press the right arrow to change
- Keep changing till you get to Custom
- Press ENT (Enter)
- That will get you into the tables where you can set the custom rebanding values.
- For the correct values for the tables, see the explanation in the Rebanding Support section of the Object Oriented Scanner Software article
thanks to hiegtx for the procedure