Programming Shortcut Pro-97
Pro-97 Cheat Sheet
If system is Motorola Type II, EDACS or LTR start with Programming section, if Motorola
Type I or IIi, set the fleetmap in the last section prior to Programming.
Storing known trunked frequencies
1. Press MANual, Press three digits to get the bank and channel number desired then Press
MANual again. (Upper left should read Mxxx for your bank and channel number)
2. Press PGM, (upper left should change from M to P)
3. Press TRUNK
4. Press MODE to Mot/ED*/LT* depending on system.
4a. On Motorola 800 MHz systems press Func then 3 and choose either Standard or Splinter (for border areas)
5. Press PGM
6. Enter the frequency. Be sure to set the mode to the same thing you set in step 4.
7. Press Enter
8. Repeat steps 5 through 8 until all frequencies are entered in selected bank.
* EDACS & LTR systems must be programmed in Logical Channel Number (LCN) order.
* Be sure to begin programming EDACS or LTR frequencies in channel 1 not channel 0.
Leave channel 0 blank.
Note: if frequency Alpha Tags are desired, use step 3 through 5 in Storing known Text Tags
below between step 7 & 8 above.
Storing known Talkgroup ID’s
1. Press PGM
2. Press TRUNK
3. Enter the 5 digit for Mot, or 4 digit/AFS X-XXX for ED, or AFS X-XX-XXX for LTR.
4. Press ENTER
5. Press Up button
6. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 until all are entered.
Note: if TG Alpha Tags are desired, use step 3 through 5 in Storing known Text Tags below
between step 4 & 5 above.
Storing known Text Tags
1. Navigate to the bank with the trunked system.
2. Press PGM then TRUNK, then navigate up/down to the first ID to tag.
3. Press Text, the cursor appears on line 3.
4. Using the numbered keys text in the line up to 16 characters. The letters above each
number will help in the selection. Example, POLICE DISPATCH (15 characters counting the space)
The first letter is P, Press the number 7 then the number 1 for P. (7 will open the four
numbers PQRS and by selecting 1 is for the first of these four. A 7 then 2 would get the
letter Q. Press up or down to move the courser back and fourth or to correct a mistake.
5. Press Enter
A chart in the Owners Manual may be used for other options.
1. Restrict your radio to scanning the bank that contains the Motorola system that needs
the fleetmap programmed, using the method previously shown.
2. Press MANual
3. Press FUNC then TRUNK, this puts the scanner in the Talkgroup programming mode.
4. Press FUNC then 8, this your Fleetmap screen and should be default Type II
(Block 0 size code. Use 15 for type II S-00. The S is for size and the 00 is for
Type II system in this block.
5. Using the information for your system, enter the 2-digit number for the first block,
i.e., 04 for 4 etc.
6. Press ENTer, the new block number will appear (remember about size code 12, 13 and 14
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all 8 blocks are entered. Note: After pressing ENTer on
block #7, the radio will return to the Talkgroup programming screen
8. Using the numbered buttons, key in your 1st tag. Note: use ( . ) for ( - ) Press ENTer.
9. Repeat step 8 until all are entered (30 per each of the 5 sub-banks)
A final note on Type 1 size codes: Many systems use size code 12 but size code 13 or 14
For additional tips on programming EDACS or LTR systems, please see the following;