Will County (IL)
- Separate Wiki pages for communities within Will County:
Will County 911: Police/Fire
- 9 PSAPS WESCOM (8 FD, 5 PD), EASTCOM, Joliet (JPD, JFD), Romeoville (PD), Lincolnway (3 PDs), Wilmington (PD, Elwood FD, Custer Park FD), Braidwood (BFD, BPD), Steger, Will County. Will County EMA is backup for 911.
- Beecher PD, Monee PD, Peotone PD have switched to the Will County Public Safety system.
Provena Mercy Center
- KJ5715 155.2200 Mobile (11K Aurora)
- KQY609 155.2200 Mobile (11K Joliet)
Silver Cross Hospital (Joliet)
Central Dispatch Agencies
EASTCOM - Eastern Will County Communications Network
Some ops (For Peotone, Beecher, Monee) now on Will County TRS. Dispatches for: Crete, Crete Township, Beecher, Steger, University Park
1/12 - Still hearing occasional traffic on old VHF East Com freqency 155.1450 225.7PL. Have heard Beecher and Monee use this as car to car or as a talk around of the Will County trunked system they normally use.
MABAS Division 15 Dispatch
- For Plainfield, Troy, Channahan, Lockport, Northwest Homer, Rockdale, Wilmington, Minooka
- 155.3550 Paging Bases at:
- WQAG716: Plainfield, Shorewood, Channahon, Lockport, Homer Glen, Rockdale
- WQAG719: Lockport, Wilmington, Plainfield, Seward Township (Kendall), Braidwood (Will), Minooka (Grundy)
- WPWL581: Shorewood (Will)
- WQJD352: Lockport (Will) (Lockport Twp. primarily dispatched on 154.8525), Elwood, and Custer Park. FCC application to add site at the water tower on Taylor road in Romeoville
- 12/5/10 - WESCOM converted its analog "Police 1" system (158.8500 88.5 PL) to narrowband AND simulcast. This system covers Channahon, Shorewood, Wilmington and Braidwood. These transmitters are linked by microwave and "timed" by way of GPS synchronization. The transmitters "re-train" each day (usually at 2am) and re-sync to make sure the overlap zones have good signal. You may hear what sounds like data bursts when "re-training" occurs. Each transmit site also has a voting receiver.
- There are 4 additional free-standing receivers which are recycled Motorola TAC receivers (8 total receive sites).
- Tait processes the audio, cleans it up, and sends each audio path to the voter. (This was all done under a series of grants and has been VERY cost effective for WESCOM agencies.
- 2/11 WPCV634 158.85 R adding sites at Braidwood, Channahon, Wilmington; also at Shorewood
- 6/11 0004759323 FCC Application for STA for testing of 154.8675 as a replacement for 154.875 input to 158.85 repeater.
- 8/11 FCC Modification to WPCV634 changing 154.8750 to 154.8675 permanently.
- 1/12 FCC Application 0005049842 for 155.7300 Repeater at Lockport (11K, assoc. call sign: KCQ308)
Orland Central Dispatch
- Located within the Orland Fire District. The center opened June of 1992, dispatching fire and emergency medical incidents for Orland Park and Orland Hills. In October of 1992, Orland Central began dispatching for the Homer Township Fire District. Since that time, Calumet City, East Joliet, Mokena, and Peotone and Fire are also being dispatched by Orland Central. Orland Central is a Mutual Aid Box Alarm System dispatch center for twelve area fire departments as well. Additional functions of this center are being the Southwest Hazardous Material Response Center as well as handling the Combined Agency Response Team (tactical rescue) for agencies.
- 10/08 - CARMA member reports now hear Automated Voice Dispatch on 159.045 (for tone out: human on responses)
Orland Park Fire Protection District
- 7/11 - FCC Modification to WPMQ284:
- add 154.0700 Base at Blue Island
- add 159.0450 Base/Moible at Oak Forest
- keep 159.0450, 158.8575 R at Orland Park
- add 155.3025 Base/Mobile at Orlank Park
- Delete 159.0450 Base at Lockport, Mokena, Peotone, Romeoville
Lincolnway Communication Center (Frankfort)
- As of 2/24/09, these Fire Depts are being dispatched on 151.1825 MHz, the new repeater.:
- Frankfort Fire District, Mokena Fire District, Manhattan Fire District., New Lenox Fire District, East Joliet Fire District (They may still simulcast on 154.4000 MHz, at least for awhile. The new repeater has 2 sites, Frankfort & New Lenox)
- Police departments Dispatched: New Lenox, Mokena, Frankfort
- WQEL588 Water Data, deleteing 452.5125, 452.6125, 452.575, changing to 452.0125
Naperville (City) Utilities
- WNTN487 928.54375, 952.54375 11K for Meter Data?
- WNTP990 928.54375, 952.54375 11K for Meter Data?
Related Wiki Pages