Revision as of 13:27, 16 July 2010
Welcome to the Radio Shack Banked Scanner Software Support article. If you have many scanners, it's sometimes to your advantage to have a single software package that works with all of them, particularly if there's a way to move data in between scanners within the program.
Scancat Lite Plus has been visible for awhile now, and Radio Shack stores currently use it to program scanners for users (albeit very poorly, in most cases). However, as documented on several occasions in the various RR forums, it's not the best choice. This article lists software packages that support multiple Radio Shack scanners; all others should be stored with their respective scanner articles.
- With the exception of the PRO-2052, virtual control, logging and audio recording during scanning is not possible due to firmware limitations. Only up/download operations are supported.
- For the Pro-163 and Pro-164, please see the PSR-300/400 Software and USB Support article.
- For the Pro-97 and Pro-2055, please see the PSR-300/400 Software and USB Support article.
- BuTel (ARCxxx) software is available from Scanner Master. Several of these packages are qualified for Special RadioReference/RS Licensing
- Items in bold are compatible with the RadioReference.com Web Service with a subscription.
- See the Connecting scanners via USB article for information about making the connection between the PC and scanner.
The following packages support the Pro-92, 93, 95. 96, 2053, 2067 and 2096
Handheld/Base Cross Reference
- The Pro-93 uses the same protocol as the Pro-2053 but has only 300 channels