St. Joseph County (MI)
From The RadioReference Wiki
|FBI Resident Agency||Kalamazoo|
|St. Joseph County Database|
- 1 Unknown Talkgroups
- 2 National interop frequencies
- 3 St. Joseph County Government
- 4 Municipalities and Districts
- 4.1 Sheriff Department
- 4.2 Village of Burr Oak
- 4.3 Village of Centreville
- 4.4 Village of Colon
- 4.5 Village of Constantine
- 4.6 Fabius Park Fire
- 4.7 Leonidas Fire
- 4.8 Village of Mendon
- 4.9 Michigan State Police
- 4.10 City of Sturgis
- 4.11 City of Three Rivers
- 4.12 Tri-Township Fire
- 4.13 Village of White Pigeon
- 5 EMS Agencies and Hospitals
- 6 Mobile Extenders
- 7 Schools and Colleges
- 8 Codes, Unit Lists, Pager Tones
- 9 Businesses
National interop frequencies
Range to hear these is ~1 mile since they are not on a repeater.
851.51250 156.7 PL 8TAC91/91D 852.01250 156.7 PL 8TAC92D 852.51250 156.7 PL 8TAC93D 853.01250 156.7 PL 8TAC94D
St. Joseph County Government
- WQQP915 436.0000 Recon Robot (100KC3F)
- KYX932 also 453.4875 FXO, 458.4875 Mobiles (NFM) for water data
Municipalities and Districts
- 650 E Main St, Centreville
- The Sheriff Department covers the unincorporated areas of the county, as well as the Village of Burr Oak, Village of Centreville, and Fabius Township. The complex in Centreville includes the County Jail, Central Dispatch, and Animal Control.
Village of Burr Oak
- The Sheriff Department provides a deputy to cover Burr Oak.
Burr Oak Fire
- 208 W Front St
- Burr Oak FD covers the Village of Burr Oak and Burr Oak Township.
Village of Centreville
- The Sheriff Department provides a deputy to cover the village in Centreville PD’s vehicle.
- 212 W Main St
- Centreville FD covers the Village of Centreville, Nottawa Township, Lockport Township east of the St. Joseph River, and parts of Florence Township.
Village of Colon
- 127 E State St
- Colon PD covers the Village of Colon.
- 1063 E M86
- Colon FD covers the Village of Colon and Colon Township.
Village of Constantine
- 115 White Pigeon St
- Constantine PD covers the Village of Constantine, also the Village of White Pigeon when White Pigeon PD has no one on duty.
- 180 W Water St
Constantine FD covers the Village of Constantine, Constantine Township, and Florence Township West of Engle Road.
Fabius Park Fire
- 15149 Broadway Rd, Three Rivers
- Fabius Park FD covers Fabius Township, Park Township, and Eastern Flowerfield Township (Marcellus FD covers Western Half), not including the City of Three Rivers.
- 30931 King Rd
- Leonidas FD covers Leonidas Township.
Village of Mendon
- 160 W Main St
- Mendon PD covers the Village of Mendon.
- 303 State St
- Mendon FD covers the Village of Mendon and Mendon Township.
Michigan State Police
- Marshall Post
- 714 Old US-27 N, Marshall
- White Pigeon Detachment
- 101 US-131, White Pigeon
- MSP Troopers working in the county check in/out with their regional dispatcher on D5NORTH/D5SOUTH, then operate on county talkgroups for calls in the county.
City of Sturgis
Sturgis Department of Public Safety
- 122 N Nottawa St
- Sturgis PD covers the City of Sturgis.
- Sturgis FD/Ambulance covers the City of Sturgis.
City of Three Rivers
Three Rivers Police
- 333 W Michigan Ave
- Three Rivers Police covers the City of Three Rivers.
Three Rivers Fire/Ambulance
- 333 W Michigan Ave
- Three Rivers FD/EMS Covers the city of Three Rivers and Lockport Township west of the St. Joseph River for both Fire and ambulance. Three Rivers FD covers all of Fabius Township, Park Township, and Eastern Half of Flowerfield Township. Marcellus Ambulance covers western half.
- Station 6-1
- 64962 Balk Rd, Sturgis
- Station 6-2
- 26795 US-12, Sturgis
- Tri-Township FD covers Sturgis Township, Sherman Township, and Fawn River Township, Florence Township west of Engle Road, not including the City of Sturgis.
Village of White Pigeon
White Pigeon Police
- 103 S Kalamazoo St
- White Pigeon PD covers the Village of White Pigeon, also the Village of Constantine when Constantine PD has no one on duty.
White Pigeon Fire
- 16975 US-12
- White Pigeon FD covers the Village of White Pigeon, White Pigeon Township, and Mottville Township.
EMS Agencies and Hospitals
- LifeCare covers all of St. Joseph County except the City of Three Rivers, the City of Sturgis, Flowerfield Township, Park Township, Fabius Township, and Lockport Township.
- LifeCare units communicate with Central Dispatch and first responders on 75F911 for calls in the county.
- Most communication between LifeCare units and LifeCare Dispatch is done via CAD. Any voice traffic for LifeCare Dispatch is on 13LCARE.
- Since units are repositioned to provide even coverage, it is not uncommon to hear LifeCare units from other counties responding to calls in St. Joseph County. Callsigns include 12xx, 13xx, and 39xx.
- An “Echo” callsign indicates a paramedic unit without transport capability.
Units in St. Joseph County
68820 Broadus St, Sturgis
118 Burr Oak St, Mendon
16975 US12, White Pigeon (White Pigeon FD) This is a 12 hour truck and is staffed when staffing allows
Can be activated for calls in Tri-Township FD response area when LifeCare unit has an extended response time. Tri-Township FD personnel respond in their ambulance 614 with callsign 7598.
No longer in use. Can be activated for calls in Sturgis city limits when LifeCare unit has an extended response time. Sturgis FD personnel respond in a LifeCare rig with callsign 7599.
15149 Broadway Rd, Three Rivers (Fabius Park Fire) This unit is Primarily staffed to provide inter facility transfers for Beacon Three Rivers Hospital but has a mutual aid contract with the City of Three Rivers.
Schools and Colleges
Three Rivers Community Schools
- WQMY397 Mobiles on 159.6, 159.795, 159.915, 160.035, 160.185 (NFM for Admin/Events)
Codes, Unit Lists, Pager Tones
10-7 Out of Service, also Deceased 10-8 In Service 10-15 Enroute to Jail 10-19 Enroute to Station 10-20 Location 10-28 License Plate 10-33 Hold Radio Traffic 10-96 Mental Subject 19-15 Combination of 10-19 and 10-15.
BOL - Be On the Lookout CP - Caller? Code 80 - Meal Break ETOH - Alcohol K - Fatality PDA - Property Damage Accident PI - Personal Injury accident Signal 1 - Felony Warrant Signal 3 - Signal 5 - Status Check Signal 6 - Sex Offender Registry Signal 10 - Good Status Signal 15 - Fatality Station H - Home TX - Telephone UTL - Unable To Locate
County Fire Numbering Plan
First is Department 1-xx - Centreville 2-xx - Three Rivers 3-xx - Fabius Park 4-xx - Constantine 5-xx - White Pigeon 6-xx - Tri-Township 7-xx - Sturgis 8-xx - Burr Oak 9-xx - Colon 11-xx - Leonidas 12-xx - Mendon Last is Equipment Type 1 - Engine 2 - Rescue 3 - Quick Response Vehicle 4 - Ambulance 5 - Brush Engine 6 - Tanker 7 - Support 8 - Ladder 9 - Utility Individual personnel callsigns are the department prefix followed by two digits, not duplicating an apparatus callsign. x00 Chief officer (700 Sturgis Fire Chief) x01-09 Chief officers x40-49 Captains (341 Fabius Park Captain) x50-59 Lieutenants (451 Constantine Lieutenant) x60-69 Normally full-time staff for Three Rivers & Sturgis x70-99 Normally firefighter and EMS personal
County Police Numbering Plan
29-xx Burr Oak (no longer in use) 30-xx Mendon 39-xx Centreville (no longer in use) 40-xx Colon 41-xx Constantine 42-xx White Pigeon 54-xx MSP Post 54 (Marshall) 54-9x MSP Motor Carrier 61-xx Three Rivers 71-xx DNRE District 7 Conservation Officer 75-xx Sheriff Department 75-01 Sheriff 75-02 Undersheriff 75-03 Captain (Jail Administrator) 75-04 Captain (Road Patrol) 75-1xx Corrections 75-2xx Reserve 75-3xx Marine Patrol 75-4xx Dive Rescue, Marine Patrol, and others 75-Kx County Animal Control 99-xx Sturgis K9-xx MSP K9 Unit
Most paging has moved to MPSCS paging groups. Two-tone paging is rarely used.
|Frequency||Station||Tone A||Tone B|
|151.2125||Three Rivers FD/EMS||339.6||496.8|
|151.2125||Three Rivers FD General||339.6||358.6|
|151.2125||Three Rivers FD Off-Duty||553.9||707.3|
|151.2125||Fabius Park FD||288.5||1092.4|
|151.2125||Constantine FD General||1153.4||1185.2|
|151.2125||White Pigeon FD||1251.4||1217.8|
|151.2125||Tri-Township FD General||358.6||1122.5|
|151.2125||Sturgis FD Off-Duty||1217.8||1285.8|
|151.2125||Sturgis FD On-Call||810.2||483.5|
|151.2125||Burr Oak FD General||321.7||470.5|
|151.2125||Burr Oak MFR||321.7||524.6|