Difference between revisions of "ARC500 User Guide"
From The RadioReference Wiki
|Line 67:||Line 67:|
3. Using the drop-down menus, select the State/Province
3. Using the drop-down menus, select the State/Province CountySystem . It now takes a some time for the software to collect the data so be patient.
The default country selection is 'USA'. To change select a new Country from the country drop down menu and click 'Connect'.
== Importing Conventional Frequencies ==
== Importing Conventional Frequencies ==
Revision as of 10:25, 28 July 2010
ARC500 software series for Radioshack PRO-106/PRO-197 and GRE PSR500/PSR600
Using ARC500 to populate a scanner
NOTE: Importing from the Radio Reference Database only works if you are a Premium Subscriber to the Radio Reference Web site. The key to unlock the utility for importing systems, TGs, and/or conventional frequencies from the Database is the Premium Subscription.
Driver/Com port setup:
Before the customer can upload data they must plug in the Radioshack 20-546 USB cable and install the driver. The driver can be found on the cdrom that is included with the cable. The cdrom also includes scanner software demo versions. A license for the software can pe purchased at www.radioreference.com/radioshack or call 1-800-SCANNER . The demo versions work for 7 days and also includes a total of two complinatary imports from the Radioreference database.
USB/Comport check and setup:
After installing the driver the correct COM/USB port must be selected in ARC500 before you can upload data:
- start the ARC500 software for the PRO-106/PRO-197
- enter the freq/talkgroups or import from radioreference.
- in the top menu select SCANNER _ Upload To Scanner
- a new window is shown
- in the drop down box all available usb/com ports are shown. If there is only one usb/com port shown it is most likely the USB cable.
- if there are multiple usb/com ports listed you can open the Windows device manager by clicking the button marked 'Open Windows Device Manager'.
- a new windows opens, locate the section 'ports' and click the + to show all settings.
- locate the item marked 'USB serial Port' and note the COM number.
- This com number must be selected in ARC500
- Now press 'Start Upload'
- The leds at the interface will flash indicating it is receiving data from the software
'Nothing Enabled' error:
If the customer uploaded data and the scanner displays 'Nothing enabled' this indicates that either:
- none of the scanlists (1-20) are enabled. Scanlists can be enabled by pressing the numeric buttons 0-9 (use FUNC + 0-9 for scanlists 11-20). Try pressing the number 1 key on the scanner's key pad to enable the default scanlist 1.
- no objects are assigned to a scanlist. In the PRO-106/197 frequencies/talkgroups must be assigned to a scanlists before they can be scanned. This can be done in ARC500 or during the import process from radioreference. In the RR import window there is a tab called 'scanlists' and this defines the scanlists the objects are linked to during the import process.
- The software will automatically put the scanner in programming mode. Customer should not put the scanner in program mode by holding the PGM button + power on. That is only used for firmware upgrades.
Toggling Scan Lists
To toggle scan lists off or on, use the number keys on the scanner's keypad. Scan Lists 1 - 10 are toggled by using numbers 1 - 0, and Scan Lists 11 - 20 are toggled by pressing the FUNC key and then a number 1 - 0 (i.e. FUNC + 3 = Scan List 13).
Importing a Trunk System
Importing Trunked Systems and Talk Groups
1. To Import from Radio Reference in ARC500, click Internet > Radioreference Import
2. On the next page enter your Radioreference Username and Password and then click on "Connect". The software will remember your username and password and next time you open the import window it will automatically connect.
3. Using the drop-down menus, select the State/Province and County. Next press the yellow Trunk Systems button. This will populate the Trunk System drop down list with all the available trunk systems. It now takes a some time for the software to collect the data so be patient.
Change country: The default country selection is 'USA'. To change select a new Country from the country drop down menu and click 'Connect'.