Barix Instreamer 100 Network Audio Encoder Setup Instructions
From The RadioReference Wiki
- Barix Instreamer 100 Network Audio Encoder
- Standalone (no computer needed)
- Input source: Select Line
- Channel Mode: Set to Mono or stereo as needed (mono for one radio, stereo for two radios)
- Encoding+Frequency: Set to "22.05kHz"
- MPEG Encoding Quality: Set to "0"
- /D amplifier gain: Set as needed. Depends on signal level but 6-7.5bd max
- Own Name: Enter your stream name (Example: Home City Fire)
- Streaming mode: Set to "send always"
- Buffer Underrun mode: set to "skip"
- Streaming strategy: Set to "lowest latency"
- Radio path: (Mount point) Set to what ever is supplied by RR
- icy-url / SIP user: Set to http://www.radioreference.com/
- icy-genre: Set to Scanner
- Shoutcast stream: Set to Public
- Type of Service/DSCP: Set to 0
- Under Stream to: Set to Iceast Source
- Connection Type: Select "Icecast source"
- Enter supplied IP address for the address of the server and specify 80 for the port number. You will need to contact RR Live Audio for this IP address.
- Ice/Shoutcast: Enter what ever is supplied by RR.
You can find the needed RR settings by looking at the feed owner page for the feed in question. Then copy and past the Server, Port, Mount, and Password info in the Instreamer 100 as needed.