From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 15:11, 1 April 2020 by Blantonl
Broadcastify Calls is a high capacity service that ingests radio system calls currently in beta infrastructure testing.
- 30 day retention
- duplicate call handling
- Live Call Playback
- Playlists Playback
- tight integration with the RadioReference database
- call and source detailed statistics
See the current interface here: https://www.broadcastify.com/calls/status
- Trunk Recorder (Trunked P25, Conventional P25, Conventional FM Analog)
Source System Prerequisites
The following packages must be installed on the source system
sudo apt-get install ntp ntpstat jq
The following prerequisites must be met:
- FFMpeg installed and configured for AAC-HE (See Below)
- NTP must be installed and synced to a reference time source
- JQ utility for JSON processing
Source System Setup Instructions
API and System ID Assignment
You will need an API Key and System ID assigned by the administrator before you can get started.
To get a System ID and API Key issued to participate in the beta, send an email to email@example.com with the following info:
- Your RadioReference/Broadcastify Username
- Trunked or Conventional System(s) you wish to send to us
- Trunked Site Name (in the RRDB) or Frequencies List to send to us
- County where your ingest system resides
- Download the Broadcastify Trunked Recorder Scripts to your Trunk Recorder folder and untar:
tar zxvf bcfy_tr_v1.tar.gz
- This will create a directory called "bcfy" in your trunk recorder directory
- Change into that directory and edit the bcfy-config.json file and specify the location of your ffmpeg binaries. If you compiled ffmpeg using above instructions, then this should already be correct. Enter your assigned API key in the apiKey section. The deleteFiles option deletes files after they are uploaded to Broadcastify (1 for yes, 0 for no)
- Run the prereg.sh script with your assigned system IDs as the parameter to check and make all your prerequisites are met. (sh prereg.sh ##)
- If all looks good - add the uploadScript entry in your trunked recorder config system section with your assigned System ID as a parameter (##). Also make sure you have callLog set to enabled.
"uploadScript": "bcfy/bcfy-upload.sh ##",
- Set "hideUnknownTalkgroups": "false" to send the whole system up if you want
- Run trunked recorder and you should start seeing files being uploaded and success codes back from the API server.
- The check the status at https://www.broadcastify.com/calls/status/
Compile and Install FFMpeg with AAC-HE Support
To install on Ubuntu 18.04 add bionic universe and multiverse package repos then follow the instructions for Ubuntu 16.04
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic universe" sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic multiverse" sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Install for Ubuntu 16.04. This is a minimal install, check out the FFMPEG docs if you want more libraries enabled.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get -y install autoconf automake build-essential libass-dev libfreetype6-dev \ libtool pkg-config texinfo zlib1g-dev yasm libfdk-aac-dev wget http://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2 tar xjvf ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2 cd ffmpeg ./configure \ --pkg-config-flags="--static" \ --bindir="$HOME/bin" \ --enable-gpl \ --enable-libass \ --enable-libfdk-aac \ --enable-nonfree make sudo make install