Federal Bureau of Investigation
From The RadioReference Wiki
Frequency ranges commonly used nationwide
162.6125 - 162.7875 (repeater inputs) 163.8375 - 163.9875 (repeater inputs) 167.2125 - 167.7875 (repeater outputs)
Natiowide channel plan
The following channels are reported to be programmed in zone D in all FBI radios.
|164.5500||168.8625||R||167.9 PL||D1||OCDETF repeater|
|164.5500||M||167.9 PL||D2||OCDETF simplex|
|167.5625||M||167.9 PL||D4||FBI Common|
|167.5375||M||167.9 PL||D5||Special Ops simplex|
|167.5375||163.8625||R||167.9 PL||D6||Special Ops repeater|
|163.1000||M||D7||Federal Government Common|
|155.4750||M||CSQ||D8||National Law Enforcement Mutual Aid|
- OCDETF = Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force
- Many other frequencies in the 162 - 174 MHz federal band are also used. Frequency use varies by field division.
- FBI frequencies are encrypted most of the time.
- When in the clear, a PL tone of 167.9 is commonly used.
- The FBI is moving to APCO P25 digital mode and, which is used in some areas.
- The FBI can also access state police radio systems in many states.
FBI web site