Sentinel for the BCD436HP/BCD536HP/SDS100/SDS200
From The RadioReference Wiki
Welcome to the Sentinel for the BCD436HP / BCD536HP / SDS100 / SDS200 article. Please post tips, tricks, issues (and hopefully resolutions) here
- Easier to Read Sentinel Guide for the BCD436HP / BCD536HP
- Easier to Read Sentinel Guide for the SDS100 / SDS200
Where Can I Get the Software?
- Sentinel for BCD436HP & BCD536HP with a Green Shield Icon. 1
- May need to Run as Administrator under Windows
- I cant get Sentinel to open / start
- Follow these steps
- Be sure Sentinel is not running.
- In Windows Explorer, look for this folder on your computer: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Local\Uniden
- In that folder, you will see a sub-folder that begins with "BCDx36HP_Sentinel.exe_Url_"
- Delete that entire sub-folder (it contains the "user.config" file).... be sure you are deleting that specific folder.
- Re-start Sentinel... When Sentinel starts, it will re-write a new folder to replace the one that you deleted, and a fresh "user.config" file will be in that folder. That folder does not get deleted when you un-install Sentinel, so if the "user.config" file in there is corrupted, it will still be there when you re-install Sentinel.
- During installation of Sentinel, how do I fix this error? "Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."
- Before you do the final step, do this:
- Right-Click on the firmware updater program
- Click Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Check the box to enable "Run in compatibility mode"
- Check the box to enable "Run as Administrator"
- Click "Apply"
- Then do last step.
- Thread on unhandled exceptions
- Do you have the correct Microsoft .net framework installed?
- Return to Sentinel (Uniden software)