Difference between revisions of "UBC3500XLT"
From The RadioReference Wiki
|Line 76:||Line 76:|
Revision as of 14:45, 3 April 2007
The Uniden Bearcat UBC3500XLT is a Europe marketed scanner from Uniden similar to the BR330T USA version. It can scan conventional analog frequencies only, and features 2500 memory channels organized with Uniden's Dynamic Memory Architecture.
Although trunk tracking is not supported by the scanner itself, the radio is steerable by PC and Trunkview has been shown to work with the UBC3500XLT. This allows it to track MPT1327 trunked systems.
- Channels: 1600 typical, 2500 maximum
- Systems: 200 maximum
- Groups per system: 20 maximum
- System Quick Key range: 1-99
- Group Quick Key range: 0-9
- Custom Search Ranges: 10
- Preprogrammed Air band search
- 25 - 512 MHz
- 806 - 960 MHz
- 1240 - 1300 MHz
- 3 selectable but not definable bandplans - see Owner's Manual
- 100 channels per second
- Close Call, with Close Call Do Not Disturb and Close Call Priority (or Primary)
- Fire Tone Out Alert
- DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode
- Quick Search
- Scan and Search
- 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100kHz steps
- Frequency AutoStore - automatically store frequencies from a service or limit search into a conventional system
- 16 character text tagging for each system, group, channel, talkgroup, search range, and SAME group
- 1 Service Searches - Air; with 8.33 or 12.5 steps
- 10 Custom Searches
- Priority Scan with Priority Plus
- Signal Strength display
- Battery level display
- LCD and Keypad Backlight
- Adjustable (0-5 sec) scan delay
- Adjustable Hold (scan duration 0-255 sec) per system, custom or service search
- Strong signal attenuation
- Upgradeadable firmware
- Channel Alert
- Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alert, Channel Alert, and Close Call Alert.
- Repeater Reverse
- Broadcast signal ignore while searching (TV and radio station frequencies, pagers, etc) all the popular public safety, business, racing, and general use frequencies.
- Quick Recall – quickly navigates to a specific Channel by choosing the System, Group, and Channel.
- Duplicate Channel Alert
- Data Skip
- Key Lock
- PC Programming and Control
- Wired Cloning
- Battery saver
- Power requirements: 3 AA batteries, 6V DC, or (50Hz)800mA AC adapter
- Antenna Connector: SMA
- Accessories: antenna, charger, rechargeable batteries
Yahoo Groups and Message Boards
Steps and Frequency Resolution
The UBC3500XLT claims in its specifications to be able to deal with 6.25kHz steps although its frequency only gives four decimal places. To my knowledge, it is incapable of tuning exactly to 6.25kHz offset channels as for instance used with PMR446 radios although in practice, this does not affect the listening quality.
Return to Uniden Scanners