The BCD536HP is Uniden's Flagship mobile/desktop scanner which incorporates 2 scanner markets first a Wi-Fi dongle and EDACS ProVoice. Later, Uniden added 2 unique premium upgrades with the ability to decode EDACS ProVoice and DMR. Like it's direct sibling the BCD436HP, they have a couple of first for Uniden standard size scanners: these include: the ease of use of the HomePatrol style with the entire Radioreference.com database (HPDB) on an SD card, with the ability to Replay or Record captured transmissions. For many users Location Control will allow you to simply enter your Zip Code, Service Types and Range and away you go. Additionally, the WiFi connectivity, allows you to listen and control your scanner using an Apple/Android smartphone/tablet device, from a local intranet in your home or Ad-hoc in a vehicle; with optional 3rd Party software - possibly around the world. It utilize the same Sentinel (Uniden software)to be used interchangeably for both of the BCDx36HP Series on a single PC. Below is a quick run down of features & specifications with additional info & links;
UNIDEN BEARCAT DIGITAL HOMEPATROL BCD536HP
- Flexible Easy System, Channel Selection using either Zip Code or GPS and/or Service Types - just pick the kinds of channels you want to hear and tell it where you are and let it do the rest.
- Range Control - Lets you set how far out from your current location the scanner will search for Channels in Favorites Lists and/or the RadioReference.com Data Base (HPDB).
- Location precision for Favorites, Systems, Departments, Sites, and/or Conventional Channels that allows you to define a location and range using Circles or Rectangles via Latitude and Longitude entry.
- Complete Front Keypad Programming ability - create custom Favorites Lists either using systems from the HPDB as a starting point by Adding Channel or program your Favorites from scratch.
- Included Uniden Sentinel software makes database and firmware updates simple. Also allows you to create, edit, and manage your Favorites Lists, Systems, Departs Sites and Channels from a PC.
- USB PC Connectivity. USB Mini B Port Front
- Wi-Fi Dongle via USB rear port
- Siren App
- iOS for iPad/iPhone, audio/control over local Wi-Fi.
- Android for Google Play enabled devices audio/control over local Wi-Fi.
- Third Party Apps for control over Wi-Fi Proscan, ARC536, Scanner Monitor or Uniden MKii
- Discovery Modes help you find new channels on trunked systems and frequency ranges.
- Analysis Modes include RF Power Plot, Trunked System Analysis, and EDACS/LTR LCN Finder.
- Flexible Scanning - scan from any combination of the HPDB and/or Favorites Lists.
- Instant Replay - Plays back up to 240 seconds of the most recent unsquelched transmissions without the added quite time between those transmissions.
- Recording of Audio- Captures & Stores individual transmissions until squelch closes for later playback with time stamping and some metadata via Scanner or PC.
- 4GB microSD card holds the entire USA and Canada database of radio systems, plus leaves room for hundreds of hours of audio recording.
- TrunkTracker V with support for APCO Project 25 Phase I & II, X2-TDMA, Motorola I and II, EDACS, and LTR Trunked Radio Systems and EDACS ProVoice EXCLUSIVELY and DMR.
- Multi-Site Trunking - Lets you program the scanner to share a Trunked System's TGIDs across multiple Sites without having to duplicate TGIDs.
- P25 One-Frequency Trunking - scanner can follow individual talkgroups on P25 single-frequency systems that use both NAC and TGID’s for squelch control and user identification.
- Individual System's P25 Threshold Settings: Auto, Manual, Default
- Channel Alert
- Visual Channel Alert LED ring, Left-knob, w/ 7 colors and 3 patterns.
- Audible Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alerts, Channel Alerts, Tone-Out hits, and Close Call Alert..
- Encryption Muting - APCO P25 encrypted voice is muted automatically.
- System/Channel Number Tagging - Number tags allow you to quickly navigate to a specific Favorites List, System, or Channel.
- Easy Scan Control using the dedicated System, Department and/or Channel Hold buttons.
- Easy navigation to Favorite List under a Navigable List in Menu On\Off
- Easy navigation to System List under a Navigable List under Favorite List On\Off
- Easy Service Menu i.e. Fire Dispatch, Police Tac, Railroad, Interop etc.
- Custom Search - lets you program up to 10 search ranges.
- Search with Scan for Custom Searches.
- Quick Search - Allows you to start searching at the displayed frequency, or enter a frequency and start searching.
- AVOID via Front Keypad or Menu
- Temporary Avoid lets you quickly silence unwanted Systems, Ddepartments, Channels, or search frequencies while allowing you to restore Avoids by cycling power.
- Permanent Avoid lets you lockout anything unwanted by a quick double press
- Ability to Clear All Avoids quickly and easily in a few MENU presses
- Channel delay of 0-2, 5, 10, or 30 seconds.
- Negative Channel delay or "forced resume": adjustable to -2, -5, -10 seconds.
- 64 character text tagging for each System, Site, Department, Channel, Talkgroup, Search range, Tone-Out, and SAME group.
- Date/Time indication on display.
- Conventional Channel and Trunked: Priority or Priority Do-Not-Disturb.
- Adjustable Priority check interval and quantity.
- Weather, NOAA Weather Alert with SAME, Weather Priority.
- Received Signal Strength indicator displayed.
- Fire Tone Out alert with two-tone paging with up to 32 tone slots. Also see the Fire Tone Out article.
- Fire Tone Out Search - built-in frequency counter displays the received tones.
- Individual Channel Volume Offset.
- Broadcast signal ignore - while searching (TV and pagers, etc) with 10 Custom Bands.
- Intermediate Frequency Exchange - changes the IF used for a selected frequency to help avoid image and other mixer-produced interference on a given frequency.
- 64h x 288w -Pixel Dot-Matrix Display.
- Backlit Display and Keypad.
- Backlight-on-Squelch - allows the back light to remain on during an entire transmission.
- Reversible Display - Lets you reverse the display to mount unit upside down (w the speaker on the top).
- Adjustable Band Defaults of Modulation and Steps
- DIN-E and ISO Vehicle Mountable - Using the optional DIN-E sleeve or a standard ISO technique, the scanner can be easily mounted in most vehicles with removal of outer Desktop Sleeve prior to DIN-E use.
- Antenna Connector: BNC.
RR System Compatibility
Notes: 1 and 2 Requires, optional, Paid Upgrade w/ Registration via my.uniden.com
- Firmware 1.10.02 (or better)
- Firmware 1.11.15 (or better)
- Firmware updates can be made via MicroSD card or through only the USB port on the front.
- 25-512 MHz
- 758-824 MHz
- 849-869 MHz
- 894-960 MHz
- 1240-1300 MHz
Modulation & Steps
- AM, NFM, FM, WFM, or FMB.
- 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 50, or 100 kHz
In the Box
- BCD536HP Scanner Radio 1
- AC/DC 13.8V Charging Cable 1
- Molex DC 3-wire pigtail w positive, ground and dimmer wire 1
- DC cigarette lighter adapter to barrel connector1
- Mount/Stand 12v
- USB Wi-Fi Dongle, dongle head wrapped in form fitted Plastic
- Right Angel BNC telescopic antenna 1
- Outer Desktop shell already Installed
- 411.com Registration card
- USB A to USB Mini-B cable (5pin) 1
- Printed manual
- 4GB microSD card w/ entire Radio Reference US and Canadian Data Base (HPDB) installed.
- External Box
- Formed Cardboard packaging - molded pulp
- Various plastic bags for listed components
*On the micro SD CARD
- [[Sentinel (Uniden's Software)]]. This software can also be found here
- Pre-Formatted with FAT 32 Filing System
- Main Folder named "BCDx36HP"
- Below BCDx36HP folder contains:
- (7) Sub-Folders: activity_log, alert, audio, discovery, favorite_list, firmware, HPDB
- (4) Loose Files:
- Configuration files: app_data.cfg, discovery.cfg1<sup/>, profile.cfg
- Set-Up file: scanner.inf
- Since Noted as sic, corrected from discvery by Uniden
- Power requirements: AC/DC Adapter (13.8V DC 750mA Regulated) (AD-1009 or equivalent)
- DC:11V to 16.6V (Ext. DC-DC Power Plug-Jack or Molex Power with 3 Wire Power, Ground, Dimmer)
- Power Jack: Barrel 5.5mm o.d.(negative), 2.1mm i.d.(positive); Radio Shack size code "M"
Optional Uniden GPS
Uniden Official Support page
Frequently Asked Questions Support Pages
Groups and Message Boards
Return to Uniden Scanners