The BCD536HP is Uniden's new flagship mobile scanner which incorporates two firsts. Like the BCD436HP, it is the first standard mobile scanner to include the ease of use of the HomePatrol - style database; simply enter your zip code and away you go. But, the BCD536HP adds to that, with WiFi connectivity, allowing you to listen to and control your scanner using your Apple smartphone or tablet from anywhere in over a local intranet, your home or vehicle, or around the world w/ optional 3rd Party software, It utilize the same Sentinel (Uniden software), and can be used interchangeably for BCDx36HP Series on one PC. Here's a quick run down of features and specs;
- Flexible Easy Channel Selection using Zip Code or GPS and Service Types - just pick the kinds of channels you want to hear and tell it where you are and let it do the rest.
- Range Control - Lets you set how far out from your current location the scanner will search for Channels in Favorites Lists and/or the RadioReference.com Data Base (RRDB). *Location precision for Departments, Sites, and Conventional Channels that allows you to define a location and range using circles or rectangles.
- Serial (DB-9) GPS input for Location Based Scanning, Uniden GC-GPSK or Compatible GPS Receivers, "GPS" promptly displayed when connected
- Complete Front-Panel Program-ability - create custom Favorites Lists either using systems from the RRDB as a starting point or program your Favorites from scratch.
- Included Sentinel (Uniden software) makes RRDB and firmware updates simple. Also allows you to create, edit, and manage your Favorites Lists, from a PC.
- USB PC Connectivity. USB Mini B Port Front
- Wi-Fi Dongle iOS Siren for iPad/iPhone audio/control over local Wi-Fi, 3rd party also.
- Discovery Modes help you find new channels on trunked systems and frequency ranges.
- Analysis Modes include Band Scope, RF Power Plot, Trunked System Analysis, and EDACS/LTR LCN Finder.
- Flexible Scanning - scan from any combination of the RRDB and/or Favorites Lists.
- Instant Replay - Plays back up to 240 seconds (4 minutes) of the most recent transmissions.
- Audio Recording - Capture transmissions for later playback.
- 4 Gigabyte micro SD card holds the entire USA and Canada database of radio systems, plus leaves room for hundreds of hours of audio recording.
- TrunkTracker V with support for APCO Project 25 Phase I & II, X2-TDMA, Motorola I and II, EDACS, and LTR Trunked Radio Systems and EDACS Provoice EXCLUSIVELY.
- Multi-Site Trunking - Lets you program the scanner to share trunked System TGIDs across multiple sites without having to duplicate TGIDs in multiple Systems or Favorites.
- P25 One-Frequency Trunking - The scanner can follow individual talk groups on P25 single-frequency systems that use both NAC and TGID’s for squelch control and user identification.
- Individual System P25 Threshold Settings Auto, Manual, Default
- 100 for Favorites Lists Quick Keys, Systems Quick Keys, Departments Quick Keys
- Startup Configuration
- Channel Alert LED ring, Left-knob, w/ 7 colors and 3 patterns. Audio too.
- Encryption Muting - APCO P25 encrypted voice is muted automatically.
- System/Channel Number Tagging - Number tags allow you to quickly navigate to a specific Favorites List, System, or Channel.
- Easy Scan Control using the dedicated System, Department and/or Channel Hold buttons.
- Easy navigation to Favorite List under a Navigable List in Menu On\Off
- Easy navigation to System List under a Navigable List under Favorite List On\Off
- Easy Service Monitorable Menu i.e. Fire Dispatch, Police Tac, Railroad, Interop etc.
- Custom Search - lets you program up to 10 search ranges.
- 3 Quick-Access Search Keys
- Search with Scan for Custom Searches.
- Quick Search - Allows you to start searching at the displayed frequency, or enter a frequency and start searching.
- Temporary Avoid lets you quickly silence unwanted systems, departments, channels, or search frequencies while allowing you to restore them by cycling power.
- Channel delay 0-2,5,10,30,
- Negative Channel delay or dropout (forced resume) adjustable to -2, -5, -10 seconds.
- 64 character text tagging for each System, Site, Department, Channel, Talkgroup, Search range, Tone-Out, and SAME group.
- UID display capable
- Date/Time indication on display with time stamping for recordings.
- Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alerts, Channel Alerts, Tone-Out hits, and Close Call Alert.
- Trunked and Conventional Channel Priority with Priority Do-Not-Disturb.
- Adjustable Priority check interval.
- Uniden Close Call, with Close Call Do Not Disturb, Close Call Priority (or Primary), and Close Call Temporary Store.
- NOAA Weather Alert with SAME.
- Signal Strength display.
- Analog and Digital AGC
- Fire Tone Out alert with two-tone paging with up to 32 tone slots. Also see the Fire Tone Out article.
- Fire Tone Out Search - built-in frequency counter displays the received tones.
- Individual channel volume offset.
- Broadcast signal ignore - while searching (TV and pagers, etc) with 10 Custom Bands.
- Repeater Reverse
- Intermediate Frequency Exchange - changes the IF used for a selected frequency to help avoid image and other mixer-product interference on a frequency.
- 64 x 288-Pixel Dot-Matrix Display.
- Backlit Display and Keypad.
- Backlight-on-Squelch - allows the backlight to remain on during an entire transmission.
- Reversible Display - Lets you reverse the display to mount unit upside down (and hear the speaker from the top).
- Adjustable Band defaults Modulation and Steps
- Modulation AM, NFM, FM, WFM, or FMB.
- Step 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 50, or 100 kHz
- DIN-E and ISO Vehicle Mountable - Using the optional DIN-E sleeve or a standard ISO technique, the scanner can be easily mounted in most vehicles with removal of outer Desktop Sleeve prior to DIN-E use.
- Antenna Connector: BNC.
In the Box
- BCD536HP Scanner Radio
- AC/DC 13.8V Charging Cable
- DC 3-wire pigtail w dimmer wire
- DC cigarette lighter 12v adaptor
- Wi-Fi Dongle
- Right Angel BNC telescopic Antenna
- Outer Desktop shell already Installed
- 411.com Registration card
- USB A to USB Mini-B programming cable
- Printed manual
- 4gb micro SD card w/Radio Reference Data Base (RRDB)
*On the micro SD CARD
- Pre-Formatted with FAT File System
- Main Folder named BCDx36HP
- Sub Folder below BCDx36HP contains:
- Sub-Folders: activity_log, alert, audio, discovery, favorite_list, firmware, HPDB
- Loose Files: app_data.cfg, discvery.cfg(not a spelling error), profile.cfg
- Set-Up file: scanner.inf
RR System Compatibility
- System Types
- System Voices
- Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface
- Analog and EDACS Provoice 1,2
- APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive P25 CAI
- Provoice Exclusively in this Series
- Requires optional paid upgrade with registration via my.uniden.com and additionally upgrading firmware 1.10.02
- Power requirements: AC/DC Adapter (13.8V DC 750mA Regulated) (AD-1009 or equivalent).
- DC:11V to 16.6V (Ext.DC Power Jack or 4 Pin DC Power Plug with Power, Ground, Dimmer)
- Power Jack: 5.5mm outer diameter (Grounded), 2.1mm inner diameter (positive); Radio Shack size code "M"
- Related Wiki Articles
- External Links
- When will the radio be available for purchase?
- The BCDx36HP models began shipping in January 2014.
- Can the power cord from BCD996XT be used with this scanner?
- From where can I download "Wi-Fi-Updater.zip"?
- During installation, how do I get beyond this error message? "Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."
- Before you do the final step, do this:
- Right-Click on the firmware updater program
- Click Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Check the box to enable "Run in compatibility mode"
- Check the box to enable "Run as Administrator"
- Click "Apply"
- Then do last step.
- Link to Discussion Forum
- Where do I go to register my new scanner(s)?
- I have more questions. Where else can I look for answers?
- Can I access the discriminator?
- If I am having headphones-issues, what can I do?
- I'm having trouble receiving P25 systems. Is there a fix?
- Q: How do I replace the Backlight LEDs?
Yahoo Groups and Message Boards
- Yahoo! Groups
- HomePatrol Community
Return to Uniden Scanners