BCD436HP and BCD536HP Scanner FAQ
Welcome to the BCD436HP and BCD536HP Scanner FAQ. This will cover the BCDx36HP Series 3 tier DMA scanners. Please feel free to add any commonly asked questions and answers related to these 2 scanners here. This page is devoted to firmware and software questions, along with available resources. Additional questions regarding installation, operations and modifications can be found on page 2 of this document. Uniden's Sentinel Software has its own special pages listed under Uniden Sentinel categories.
NOTE: We have separate FAQs for other Uniden products;
- Where is the official BCD436HP Firmware page?
- Go to this page on the Uniden TWiki
- Where can I find the ProVoice or DMR upgrade for my BCD436HP?
- Where is the official BCD536HP Firmware page?
- Go to this page on the Uniden TWiki; f/w update can only be made through the front port or by dropping f/w bin file into Firmware Folder
- Where can I find the ProVoice or DMR upgrade for my BCD536HP?
- Where can I find the latest beta upgrade?
- Download this zip file, the thread is dated 2016-08-19 and was part of Beta testing to perfect DMR reception, Simplex will never be perfect because this line doesn't have 2 receivers per scanner.
Supporting Software & Utilities
Official Uniden Software
- BCD536HP only
- Uniden's Siren app for WiFi Connectivity iOS or Android
- RH-536HP_mkII was also Uniden published for use over Wi-Fi, Note: Never is/was intended as a finished product (for consumer use), allows limited remote control-ability through local Wi-fi, Serial or USB port or click here for direct download to begin. Audio is via a direct cable or Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Audio has to use a third party application like VLC or Proscan to directly address scanner via rtsp://192.168.1.174/au:scanner.au , use your local scanners address to receive (("192.168.1.174" is what will need to be changed) 'rtsp:// . . . /au:scanner.au' will remain the same)).
Third Party Supported Software & Utilities
- FreeScan will NOT be modified to support the BCDx36HP Series scanners, per the programmer.
- Remote Control Software is available from ProScan minus Firmware Updates
- BCDx36HP WAV reader (Excel program)
- X36 Android Scanner Control Application
- ProScan BCD536HP Audio Player over network via Wi-Fi
- Related Wiki Articles
- Easier to Read Manuals
- Uniden TWiki Links
- Other Links
- Return to
- Go to