BCD436HP and BCD536HP Scanner FAQ
Welcome to the BCD436HP and BCD536HP Scanner FAQ. This will cover the BCDx36HP Series 3 tier DMA scanners. Please feel free to add any commonly asked questions and answers related to these 2 scanners here. This page is devoted to firmware and software questions, along with available resources. Additional questions regarding installation, operations and modifications can be found on page 2 of this document. Uniden's Sentinel Software has its own special pages listed under Uniden Sentinel categories.
As the memory structure is the same as the HP series, this document also applies to the SDS100.
NOTE: We have separate FAQs for other Uniden products;
- Where is the official BCD436HP Firmware page?
- Go to this page on the Uniden TWiki
- Where can I find the ProVoice or DMR upgrade for my BCD436HP?
- Where is the official BCD536HP Firmware page?
- Go to this page on the Uniden TWiki; f/w update can only be made through the front port or by dropping f/w bin file into Firmware Folder
- Where can I find the ProVoice or DMR upgrade for my BCD536HP?
- Where can I find information on the NXDN update for the 436 and 536?
- Where can I find the firmware updates for the SDS100?
Supporting Software & Utilities
Official Uniden Software
- BCD536HP only
- Uniden's Siren app for WiFi Connectivity iOS or Android
- RH-536HP_mkII was also Uniden published for use over Wi-Fi, Note: Never is/was intended as a finished product (for consumer use), allows limited remote control-ability through local Wi-fi, Serial or USB port or click here for direct download to begin. Audio is via a direct cable or Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Audio has to use a third party application like VLC or Proscan to directly address scanner via rtsp://192.168.1.174/au:scanner.au , use your local scanners address to receive (("192.168.1.174" is what will need to be changed) 'rtsp:// . . . /au:scanner.au' will remain the same)).
Third Party Supported Software & Utilities
- FreeScan will NOT be modified to support the BCDx36HP Series scanners, per the programmer.
- Remote Control Software is available from ProScan minus Firmware Updates
- BCDx36HP WAV reader (Excel program)
- X36 Android Scanner Control Application
- ProScan BCD536HP Audio Player over network via Wi-Fi
- Related Wiki Articles
- Easier to Read Manuals
- Uniden TWiki Links
- Other Links
- Return to
- Go to