BCD436HP and BCD536HP Page 2
Questions regarding software, firmware or other web resources for these 2 radios can be found on page 1 of this document.
Installation and Registration
- What should I do when I first get my scanner?
- Where do I go to register my new scanner(s)?
- During installation, how do I get fix this error? "Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."
- Before you do the final step, do this:
- Right-Click on the firmware updater program
- Click Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Check the box to enable "Run in compatibility mode"
- Check the box to enable "Run as Administrator"
- Click "Apply"
- Then do last step.
- Thread on unhandled exceptions
- BCD536HP Related
- Where can I download "Wi-Fi-Updater.zip"?
- Download the file from here
- Run these updates as Administrator to ensure full hardware access.
- Thread on wifi issues
- Can the power cord from BCD996XT be used with this scanner?
- My new BCD436HP/BCD536HP is constantly asking me to set the time and date...what gives?
Keep the Time!
Plug in your scanner and turn it on. The first things you'll see are prompts to set
the date and time. The scanner has a real-time clock with backup power that will run
the clock for about 1 week. The backup power needs to charge for about 50 hours
before full backup-time becomes available. If the backup source is depleted before
power is restored, you will be prompted to set the time again upon power up.
- I am a little confused..what is the different between Quick Keys and Number Tags?
- Are Favorites Lists automatically updated when the database is?
- No. It is prudent to keep an eye on the favorites lists you use regularly and compare them to the latest database.
- Where can I learn about programming a DMR system once I have applied the upgrade?
- The page where you got the upgrade also has instructions for programming and other tips. If you have further questions, post them on the Uniden Tech Support forum
- How do I program a simplex channel (no repeater) for DMR?
- See this Thread for a discussion on this question
Problems and Issues
- UHF Reception is noisy; the scanner seems less sensitive on this band when compared to other radios
- I get a lot of noise decoding a DMR (digital) UHF signal
- See this Thread for a full discussion of this topic
- My BCD436HP seems to have "gone deaf"
- This is a situation where your unit has been operating without any issues, the user has made no changes to lists, the unit has not been moved, and the departments have not gone encrypted. In other words, everything looks fine but the unit just does not receive anything anymore. You will say, "It was working yesterday but today I'm not receiving anything." If you cannot even receive NOAA broadcasts, your unit has "gone deaf" and will need to be repaired. This is a repair covered under the Uniden one-year from purchase warranty and involves replacing the Q2 and Q3 circuits. When you ship the unit, describe the problem as "No channel reception."
- The audio from my simulcast digital system is lousy / distorted. What is wrong?
- I'm having trouble receiving P25 systems. Is there a fix?
- If I am having headphones-issues, what can I do?
SD Card Questions
- My SD card needs to be replaced / is corrupted. Where can I find tips for this?
- What may be a cause of the scanner rebooting itself?
- SD Cards have a so-called "FAT File Limit"; they're issues related to the amount of files (not size) to be saved, before a larger card is filled: i.e 5Gb of a 16Gb card w/ between 55k and 65k files written. This may cause these scanners to begin to show signs that the data may be corrupt and the scanner reboots itself. See the question above for information on replacing SD cards. thanks Darunimal
- Can I turn off the constant writing to the SD card?
- Yes, you can. The "Replay" option is what is always writing to the SD card. It is writing continuously so the last received audio (how much depends on your setting) can be replayed. In order to do this, it is constantly recording to the SD card. As of firmware 1.09.02, Uniden added an "Off" option to the list, which disables this feature entirely. The downside - you can't replay missed audio. The upside, it's not writing to your SD card ALL THE TIME. To turn this off, do the following:
- Click "Menu"
- Scroll to "Settings" and select it.
- Scroll to "Replay Options" and select it.
- Select "Set replay Duration".
- Scroll to "Off" and select it.
- Press "Menu" multiple times to back out of the menu system. thanks Dsaloman
- (BCD536HP) Can I access the discriminator?
- (BCD536HP) How do I replace the Backlight LEDs?