FreeScan User Guide
Welcome to the FreeSCAN user guide. This document is designed to help the newcomer install and navigate Freescan, which is designed to work with the Uniden DMA scanners.
The following scanners are compatible with FreeSCAN:
- SC230, BC246T, BR330T, UBC3500XLT, BCD396T, BCD996T, BCT15
- BC346XT, BCD396XT, BCD996XT , BCT15X
- UBCD996T,UBCD396T, UBCT15
Installation and Connections
- Installing and executing FreeSCAN
Command Line Options
From left to right, the graphics above represent the following;
- New File
- Open File
- Save File
- Print File
- Create System
- Create Site (trunking only)
- Create Group
- Upload to Scanner (Ctrl-U or select from the Scanner pulldown menu)
- Download from Scanner (Ctrl-D or select from the Scanner pulldown menu)
- Virtual Control (Shift+F1 or select from the Scanner pulldown menu)
Common Questions and Answers
For video demos on how to use this software check the links below.
Correction on the videos it says to put a check mark by each system you want to load into the scanner at the 'system quick key editor'. Actually the check marks are for those systems you want enabled to be scanning upon finishing the upload to the radio.
The check marks for what systems you want to load into the scanner are done at the 'Send to scanner' window