- The 996 & 15 scanners have a TGID Limit of 250 TGIDs per trunk system. The 246/330/396 scanner have a 200 TGID limit. FreeSCAN will store more then this number in memory, however the scanner will only take a limited number during upload.
- FreeSCAN supports having multiple trunk sites in one system in the 996, BCT15 and the XT Scanners only. This feature is not supported in the other DMA radios. If you attempt to upload a multi-site system to one of these scanners, FreeSCAN will split the sites up into individual systems and put all the TGID groups in one system only.
- FreeSCAN will not allow you to upload a fully digital P25 system to an analog scanner since these scanners have no chance of being able to track these systems.
- When you bring up the download window, it will preserve the system names of previous detected systems. If you have made any changes whatsoever to your scanner's programming since last bringing up this list, you should reclick on Queue System List before downloading. This is because the system index IDs will shift around inside the scanner's memory when you make changes, and if FreeSCAN doesn't get an updates list then it will not be able to download the systems.
- In order to support the many new features in the XT scanners, the file format has been changed in .7B. You can still load all of your old files, however, files saved with this version cannot be opened with previous versions.
Return to the FreeScan User Guide