Albany County (NY) Guilderland
From The RadioReference Wiki
- 1 Guilderland Fire Department (KTK773)
- 2 Guilderland EMS
- 3 Guilderland Dispatch
Guilderland Fire Department (KTK773)
Dispatched on 155.120
Guilderland departments have both an Albany County station number and a town station number. Departments are listed in order of town number, as apparatus is numbered via town station number. Department FCC callsigns are listed if known.
- 1 - Altamont Fire Dist. - 113-115 Main St. (aka State Route 146) between Brandle Rd. & Thatcher Dr.,Altamont
- Albany County Station 02
- 2 - Guilderland Fire Dist. - 2303 Western Ave. (aka US-20) between Willow St. & Schoolcraft St.,Guilderland
- Albany County Station 14
- 3 - Fort Hunter Fire Dist. - 3525 Carman Rd. (aka State Route 146) between Coons Rd. & Glenning Ln.,Schenectady
- Albany County Station 11
- 4 - Guilderland Center Fire Dist. - 30 School Rd. (aka County Route 202) between Van Wormer Dr. & East Dr.,Altamont
- Albany County Station 15
- 5 - McKownville Fire Dist. -
- Current Sta. - 1250 Western Ave. (aka US-20) @ Brookwood Ave.,Albany
- Former Sta. - 100 Arcadia Ave. between Western Ave. (aka US-20) & King St.,Albany
- Albany County Station 20
- 6 - North Bethlehem V.F.D. -
- Current Sta. - 589 Russell Rd. (aka County Route 204) between Winslowe Dr. & Griffin Cir.,Albany (aka Elmwood Park Fire Dist.)
- Former Sta. - 237 Schoolhouse Rd. (aka County Route 204) @ Fliegel Ave. & across from Frances Ln.,Albany
- Albany County Station 24
- 8 - Pine Grove Fire Dist. - 144 Dunnsville Rd. (aka County Route 81) @ Giffords Church Rd. (aka State Route 406),Schenectady
- Covers portion of Guilderland, dispatched by Schenectady County
- Schenectady County Station 15
- 9 - Westmere Fire Dist. - 1741 Western Ave. (aka US-20) @ Centre Dr. & across from Ardsley Rd.,Albany
- Albany County Station 40
Radio Codes and Signals
Signal 10 - False alarm, possibly malicious
Signal 15 - Investigation
Signal 20 - Scene stabilized - holding designated apparatus
Signal 30 - Working fire - full town agency response, mutual aid
Codes A,B,C,D indicate special operational and dispatch protocols to be activated.
Apparatus Unit Numbers
Apparatus are identified by 2-digit numbers.
1st digit = Department
2nd digit = Apparatus Type
- 1 Fire Police
- 2 Miscellaneous
- 3 Squad
- 4 Tanker or Pumper-Tanker
- 5-8 Pumper
- 9 Aerial
Chiefs are identified by 3-digit numbers.
1st digit = Department
2nd digit = 0 (zero)
3rd digit = Rank (1 is Chief, 2/3 is Assistant Chief, 4 is Acting Chief [temporary].)
Activated on 155.145Mhz by Guilderland Dispatch, routine communication on Albany County P25 system
- The Albany city line to Route 155 (McKownville, North Bethlehem, portions of Westmere)
- Route 155 to Rotterdam town line (Portions of Westmere,Fort Hunter, Guilderland)
- Altamont, Guilderland Center, Town of Knox
Town of Guilderland Paramedics
Town operated EMS service providing paramedic level service to the Town of Guilderland (including the village of Altamont and the portion of SUNY Albany within the town) as well as the town of Knox. Beginning in 2018, the Town operates a paramedic ambulance. The town is dividing into three zones: Zone 1 is the east side towards Albany, Zone 2 is the west side towards Rotterdam, and Zone 3 is the village of Altamont and town of Knox. Two ALS ambulances are in service at all times, with one additional ALS ambulance operating from 09-21 every day. The paramedic unit is operated by the town police department with civilian employees. The unit is headquartered out of town hall at 5209 Western Trpk. (aka US-20) between Morningside Dr. & Twenty West Dr., Altamont, and operates GEMS Station 1 at 200 Centre Dr., Albany NY and GEMS Station 2 at 3686 Carman Rd., Schenectady NY. Unit numbering switched from a town scheme to the Albany County scheme in 2018.
- MD542 - Medical Director
- 5601 - Director of EMS Operations
- 5601 - Assistant Director of EMS Operations
- 5691, 5692 - Paramedic Supervisor
- 5680, 5682, 5683, 5684, 5686, 5687 - Paramedic ambulances
Altamont Rescue Squad
Altamont Rescue is a combination volunteer and professional BLS level ambulance service. The squad primarily covers EMS Zone 3, but provides backup regularly into Zones 1 and 2. Altamont Rescue's Albany County station number is 50, which it shares with Altamont Fair EMS, despite being a separate service. Their station is located at 767 State Route 146 (aka Main St.) between Arlington St. & Gun Club Rd., Altamont.
- 5001 - Captain
- 5081 - ambulance
- 5085 - ambulance
Western Turnpike Rescue Squad
Western Turnpike was a professional BLS level ambulance service which operated from 1939 to 2018. Western Turnpike's Albany County station number was 57.
Five Quad Volunteer Ambulance Service
Dispatched on 154.115 by University Police Dept, routine communication on Albany County P25 system
Five Quad is a volunteer, student operated BLS ambulance service that covers the campus of SUNY Albany. The SECFCU arena, gymnasiums, football field, and Indian Quad are located within the town of Guilderland. Five Quad remains in service throughout the school year, and provides regular backup to the Town of Guilderland. Their station is located on the corner of Fuller Rd and Alumni Dr. Paramedic support to call locations within the town of Guilderland on campus is provided by the Town paramedic service.
- 5291 - On duty supervisor
- 5281 - ambulance
- 5282 - ambulance
Altamont Fair EMS
Altamont Fair EMS is a small service activated only for special events at the Altamont Fair Grounds. While the agency prefix used is 50, Altamont Fair EMS is a separate and distinct service from Altamont Rescue Squad.
- 5089 - ambulance
North Bethlehem FD
NBFD is a town fire department that provides BLS first response to the North Bethlehem fire district. NBFD also operates an incident rehabilitation unit, providing portable structures complete with heating, cooling, and electricity.
- 601 - Chief
- EMS-62 - EMS First Response
- Squad 63 - Rescue Squad equipped with rehab equipment
- Code Zero - Cardiac arrest
- Code Two - Expectant death with DNR in place / Unattended death
OPERATIONS CARS 1 Fire Chiefs Association Chair 2 Fire Chiefs Association Secretary 3 Training 4 Training Tower Coordinator 5 Communications 6 Resource Officer 7 Chief Fire Inspector 8 Public Information Officer 9 Safety Officer 10 Treasurer 71-74 Fire Investigation 75-77 Fire Inspectors 8210 Mobile Command Unit APPARATUS Apparatus are identified by 2-digit numbers. 1st digit = Department 2nd digit = Apparatus Type 1 Fire Police 2 Miscellaneous 3 Squad 4 Tanker or Pumper-Tanker 5-8 Pumper 9 Aerial Chiefs are identified by 3-digit numbers. 1st digit = Department 2nd digit = 0 (zero) 3rd digit = Rank (1 is Chief, etc.) DEPARTMENTS 1 Altamont Fire Dist. Car 101,102,103 E-17,18 ETA-14 2 Guilderland Fire Dist. Car 201,202,203 E-26,27,28 Truck 29 Squad 23 Misc. 22 3 Fort Hunter Fire Dist. Car 301,302,303 E-35,36,38 ETA-34 Squad 33 Misc. 32 4 Guilderland Center Fire Dist. Car 401,402,403 M-42 E-45 (Brush),46,47,48 EA-49 SQ-43 5 McKownville Fire Dist. Car 501,502,503 E-55,57,56 (Antique) Squad 53 6 North Bethlehem V.F.D. Car 601,602,603 E-66,67 ETA-64 Squad 63 EMS-62 Misc. 61 E-6 (Antique) 7 Fire Investigation 8 Pine Grove Fire Dist. (Schenectady County) Car 159 U-150 E-151,152,153 TA-154 R-155 9 Westmere Fire Dist. Car 901,902 E-95,96,98,94 (Antique) Truck 99 Squad 93 M-92 RADIO CODES Signal 10 False alarm, possibly malicious Signal 15 Investigation Signal 20 Scene stabilized - holding designated apparatus Signal 30 Working fire - full town agency response, mutual aid Codes A,B,C,D indicate special operational and dispatch protocols to be activated.