City of Albany (NY) Fire and Police
From The RadioReference Wiki
Albany Fire Department
Midtown - E1/R1 Arbor Hill - E2/T2/R2/RS/HM Pine Bush - E4 South End - E5/T1/BN7 (HQ) West End - E7 Delaware - E9/T4/R9 Brevator - PE10/T3/BN8 New Scotland - E11 Repair Shop - Erie St
Cars and Portables
Car 1: Chief of Department Car 2: Executive Deputy Chief Car 3: Deputy Chief Car 4: Deputy Chief Car 5: Deputy Chief Car 6: Chaplain Battalion 7: Battalion 1 (East) Chief Battalion 8: Battalion 2 (West) Chief Car 9: Medical Director Car 10: Quartermaster Car 20: Master Mechanic Car 21: Mechanic Car 22: Mechanic Car 30: Operations - Captain Car 31: Operations - Lieutenant Car 32: Operations - Lieutenant Car 33: Operations - Lieutenant Car 34: Spare (Special events) EMS Unit "Rescue 34" Car 35: Tactical EMS Response Unit Car 38: Spare (Special events) EMS Unit "Rescue 38" Car 39: Spare (Special events) EMS Unit "Rescue 39" Car 50: Fire Investigation Captain Car 51: Fire Investigation Lieutenant Car 52: Fire Investigation Car 54: Fire Investigation Car 55: Fire Investigation Car 58: Spare vehicle
Portable 10# Engine Company Officer Portable 20# Ladder Company Officer Portable 30# Rescue Company Officer Portable 401 Rescue Squad Officer Portable 402-410 RS/Hazmat Team Portables
- Signal 10 The end result of a fire calls where after the initial investigation, it is deemed fire department services are not required. Cancels all incoming units and returns units on scene to service.
- Signal 15 A condition found after the initial investigation by the company officer, where he/she believes there is no immediate or obvious danger allowing resources to be downgraded. a. When a Signal 15 is transmitted, the remaining companies will be downgraded to an “A” Alpha response, the 3rd Engine and the 2nd Truck can be cancelled. Signal 15 is only a temporary signal that will result in a Signal 10, 20 or 30 being transmitted.
- Signal 20 The end result of a fire calls where after the initial investigation, something is found that is not necessary to hold the full 1st Alarm assignment to control.
- Signal 30 Will employ the commitment of the full first alarm assignment. An all hands working fire, w/smoke or fire showing that will take the initial alarm or greater to control.
- Box Assignment (1st Alarm) - 3E, 2T, 1R, RS, 1BN
- 2nd Alarm - 2E, 1T, 1R
- 3rd Alarm - 2E, 1R
- Code 35 DOA
- Signal 600 ALS workup
Albany Police Department
90-Chief 91-95 Assistant/Deputy Chiefs 1## - Center Division 101-110 - Center Patrol Units 111, 112 - Center Community Services Units 12# - Center Detail Units 16# - IMPACT/DART Detail Units 17# - Center Sergent's 18# - Center Lieutenant's 190 - Center Commander 2## - South Division 201-209 - South Patrol 210 - South Community Services 21# - South detail units (unmarked units) 23# - Prisoner transport "wagon" 27# - South Sergent's 28# - South Lieutenant's 290 - South Commander 3## - Special Operations Division 301-309 - Traffic Safety Division 31# - Motorcycles 32# - Animal Control 33# - K9 Units 34# - PSO's (Parking Enforcement) 35# - Mounted Unit 37# - Traffic Safety Sergent's 377 - Mounted Sergent 38# - Traffic Lieutenant's 4## - Detective Division 40#-42# - Criminal Investigation Unit Detectives 43#-44# - Community Response Unit Detectives 45# - Children/Family Services Unit Detectives 46# - Forensic Investigation Unit Detectives 47# - Detective Sergent's 48# - Detective Lieutenant's 490 - Detective Commander 5## - Neighborhood Engagement/Detail Units 50#-531 - NEU 532-56# - Special Details 57# - NEU/Detail Sergent's 58# - NEU/Detail Lieutenant's 590 - Special Operations Commander 6## - Administrative Services Bureau 600 - Mobile Station 605-608 - School Resource Officers 61#-63# - Administrative Services & Office of Professional Standards 64# - Computer & Technology Unit 655, 656 - Housing Authority Police 68# - ASB Lieutanant's 690 - ASB Commander 7## - Telecommunications Specialists (Dispatchers) 700 - Field Communications Unit 77# - Senior Dispatchers 78# - Dispatch Supervisors 8## - Parking Enforcement 9## - NYS Parole units
Signal 1 Unable to locate / GOA Signal 2 Advised Signal 3 Assisted Signal 4 Car Tagged Signal 5 Summons issued Signal 6 Car towed Signal 7 Report Signal 8 DMV report Signal 9 No report required Signal 10 Building checked/secure Signal 11 Unfounded Signal 12 Referred Signal 13 Arrest Signal 14 Prisoner Transport Requested Signal 15 Supervisor Requested Signal 21 Juvenile Contact Card Signal 22 Domestic Report Signal 23 School District Advised Signal 24 School District Report Signal 33 Domestic Arrest Signal 44 Domestic Call type change Code 30/Signal 31 Wanted hit Code 35 DOA