City of Buffalo Public Safety
From The RadioReference Wiki
CITY OF BUFFALO FD
The Buffalo Fire Department is the largest fire department in upstate New York with 766 firefighters, operating out of 19 firehouses. The Buffalo Fire Department responds to over 60,000 calls a year. The Buffalo FD once consisted of 2 Divisions, 7 Battalions, 38 Engine companies, 16 Ladder companies, 11 Squad companies, 2 Heavy Rescues, 3 Fireboats, and dozens of misc support units. Consolidation has been a constant in the Buffalo Fire Department since the mid-1970's. The 1st, 2nd, and 5th Battalions were disbanded long ago. These companies alone have been closed since 1994. No further cutbacks are slated. APPARATUS (There are no 1st, 2nd, or 5th Battalions.) Headquarters is located at 195 Court Street and houses: Repair Shop Mobile Air Unit EMS Lieutenant (F-20) Hose Wagons Canteen Buffalo Fire Dispatch is located at 332 Ellicott Street and houses: Communications Division Radio Repair Unit The Training Tower is located at 3359 Broadway and houses: Training Bureau Fire Academy Fire Marshals F-10 through F-12 are quartered with Engine 2.
CAR NUMBERS 119 City Disaster Coordinator 308 County Disaster Van EC-1 Erie County Executive B-41 Safety Officer B-42 Training Officer B-43 Battalion 3 Chief B-44 Battalion 4 Chief B-46 Battalion 6 Chief B-47 Battalion 7 Chief B-51 Deputy Commissioner - Administration B-52 Deputy Commissioner - Operations B-53 Deputy Commissioner - EMS B-55 Chief of Special Services B-56 Division Chief C-1 Commissioner of Fire CBRNE 1-5 Utility 1-5 ES-1 Buffalo EMS Coordinator ES-2 Ass't. " " F-1 Chief of Fire Prevention F-1X Fire Prevention Inspectors F-2 Tow truck F-3 Service truck F-4 Mask repair F-6-8 Mobile Air Units F-9 spare Heavy Rescue F-10-12 Fire Marshals F-13 BATF F-14 Professional Standards F-15 District Attorney F-16 Hazmat Captain F-17 Safety Officer F-20 EMS Lieutenant F-21-23 Training Bureau F-48 Superintendent of Fire Apparatus F-49 Head Mechanic F-57 Department Surgeon F-58 Superintendent of Fire Alarm F-59 Chief of Training Bureau F-61 Chief of Communications F-62,63 Hose Wagons F-65 Fuel truck F-67 Light truck F-72-74 Chaplain F-76 Salvation Army F-78 Red Cross F-81 Chaplain F-82 Cable splicer van F-83 Repair shop F-84 Radio repair F-85 Tire repair F-86,87 Communications Div buckets F-88 Alarm box tester F-89 Photographer HS-1 Homeland Security Coordinator
- HQ/Maint. - 175 Court St. @ 39 7th St.
- Disp. - 332 Ellicott St. (aka State Route 5) between E. Huron St. & Hersee Aly.
- Engine 1/Ladder 2 - 37 S. Division St. (aka State Route 5) @ (132) Ellicott St. (The Bays face Ellicott St.)
- Engine 2 - 376 Virginia St. between Mariner St. & Elmwood Ave.
- Engine 3/Haz-Mat 1/Batt. 3 - 599 Broadway (aka State Route 130) @ Monroe St.
- Engine 4 - 169 Hollywood Ave. @ (939) Abbott Rd. (The Bays face Abbott Rd.)
- Engine 19 - 209 Forest Ave. between Hawley St. & Dart St.
- Fireboat 20 - 155 Ohio St. between Michigan Ave. & Dead End (The Sta. & Boat sit at the Dead End)
- Engine 21/Ladder 6/Rescue 1 - 1223 Jefferson Ave. @ Kingsley St. & across from Eaton St.
- Engine 22 - 1522 Broadway (aka State Route 130) between Wick St. @ Schutrum St.
- Engine 23 - 3226 Bailey Ave. (aka US-62) @ Hewitt Ave. & across from Hewitt Ave.
- Engine 25/Ladder 10/Batt. 6 - 497 Southside Pkwy. between Seneca St. (aka State Route 16) & N. Legion Dr.
- Engine 26 - 693 Tonawanda St. @ Progressive Ave.
- Engine 28 - 1170 E. Lovejoy St. @ Gold St.
- Engine 31/Ladder 14 - 2044 Bailey Ave. (aka US-62) across from Moeller St.
- Engine 32/Ladder 5 - 700 Seneca St. (aka State Route 16) @ Swan St.
- Engine 33 - 1720 Fillmore Ave. @ Buell Ave.
- Engine 34/Ladder 7 - 2829 Main St. (aka State Route 5) @ Mercer Ave.
- Engine 35/Ladder 15 - 1512 Clinton St. (aka State Route 354) between Bailey Ave. (aka US-62) & Hubbard St.
- Engine 36/Ladder 13 - 860 Hertel Ave. between Elmwood Ave. & Mandan St.
- Engine 37/Ladder 4/Batt. 4 - 500 Rhode Island St. @ Chenango St.
- Engine 38/Batt. 7 - 627 Colvin Ave. @ (398) Linden Ave. (Bays face Linden Ave.)
Old Buffalo F.D. Stations
- Engine 2/Ladder 9/Squad 11 - 310 Jersey St. @ Plymouth Ave.
- Engine 4/Engine 9/Ladder 1/Squad 9/Batt. 2 - 707 Washington St. @ E. Tupper St.
- Engine 8/Ladder 8 - 174 Chicago St. between S. Park Ave. & Fulton St.
- Engine 10 - 30 Ganson St. between Ohio St. & Michigan Ave.
- Engine 11/Ladder 4 - 1195 Niagara St. (aka State Route 266) between Breckenridge St. & W. Ferry St.
- Ladder 11/Batt. 3 - 636 Fillmore Ave. between Sienkiewicz Pl. & Paderewski Dr.
- Ladder 12 - 395 Amherst St. between Grant St. & Germain St.
- Engine 15/Squad 7 - 64 Amherst St. @ East St.
- Engine 16 - 1416 Main St. (aka State Route 5) between Glenwood Ave. & W. Utica St.
- Engine 18 - 1032 Fillmore Ave. between Genesee St. & Peterson St.
- Engine 24/Ladder 7 - 110 Leroy Ave. @ Halbert St.
- Engine 30/Ladder 10/Quad 6 - 131 Southside Pkwy. @ Mesmer Ave. & across from Josie Pl.
- Engine 30 - 2028 S. Park Ave. (aka US-62) @ Whitfield Ave. (The bay faces Whitfield Ave.)
- Engine 31/Ladder 14 - 2025 Bailey Ave. (aka US-62) @ Doat St.
- Engine 33/Batt. 5 - 275 Kehr St. between Winslow Ave. & Glenwood Ave.
- Engine 36 - 1655 Elmwood Ave. @ Great Arrow Ave.
- Engine 37/Chemical 5 - 166 Cleveland Ave. @ St. Catherines Ct.
Buffalo FD Tone-Out
Tones may or may not be in use still.
|Channel||Tone A||Tone B|
Buffalo F.D. Battalions
- 3RD BATTALION (B-43)
- ENGINES 3, 22, 28, 31, 33
- LADDERS 14
- 4TH BATTALION (B-44)
- ENGINES 2, 19, 21, 37
- LADDERS 4, 6
- 6TH BATTALION (B-46)
- ENGINES 1, 4, 25, 32, 35
- LADDERS 2, 5, 10, 15
- 7TH BATTALION (B-47)
- ENGINES 23, 26, 34, 36, 38
- LADDERS 7, 13
Buffalo F.D. Old Channel Plan
thanks to NF2G.com for the first few sections