Cleaning the PSR-800 LCD Display
From The RadioReference Wiki
- Note: Click on the image to expand
- (Figure 1) The main problem when opening the PSR-800 is that the speaker leads are not long enough to allow both halves to lie flat
- (Figure 2) Open it too far and you will end up with the flexible ribbon from the keyboard being pulled from it's connector. Figure 2a shows the result, with the ribbon to the left.
- (Figure 3) A better approach is this - while holding the two halves at 90 degress, lift the tape that is on the speaker leads. Now the two halves can lie flat without any strain on the connector
- (Figure 4) Now you can remove the six screws holding the LCD assembly and remove that pesky dust
Thanks to ggraves and EvilLithiumMan for the procedure