Dona Ana County (NM)
From The RadioReference Wiki
- 1 10-Codes (Dona Ana County Sheriff, Las Cruces Police)
- 2 FBI Codes
- 3 Law Enforcement Terminology
- 4 Radio System
- 5 Las Cruces Police Department
- 6 Las Cruces Police Department Beat Map
- 7 Las Cruces Fire Department
- 8 Radio System
- 9 Deployment
- 10 Stations/Apparatus
- 11 Las Cruces Fire Department Radio Terminology
- 12 Dona Ana County Fire Operations
- 13 Town of Mesilla Fire Department
- 14 American Medical Response
- 15 Dona Ana County (NM) Fire/E.M.S. Locations
10-Codes (Dona Ana County Sheriff, Las Cruces Police)
Law Enforcement Terminology
|ATL||Attempt To Locate|
|BOLO||Be On the Look Out|
|HNT||Hostage Negotiation Team|
|GOA||Gone On Arrival|
|Lobo||Helicopter (National Guard)|
|NOD||No Other Details|
|NOI||No Other Information|
|Public Service||Call by phone|
|R&I||Records and Identification (CSI)|
|Rolling 28||Registration check, vehicle in movement|
|TOT||Turn Over To|
|Patrol 1||Dispatch (East/West Area Commands)|
|Patrol 2||Registration/Warrant Checks (Dispatch secondary, Secured for building checks, ACO PM)|
|Patrol 5||Special Event|
|CID 1||Detectives Dispatch|
|CID 2||Detectives Car-To-Car|
|Tactical 1||SWAT Encrypted|
|Tactical 2||SWAT Encrypted|
|LEN||Law Enforcement Network (Countywide 800mhz/VHF Hard Patch)|
Las Cruces Police Department
The Las Cruces Police Department employs 180 commissioned officers, in addition to Codes Enforcement and Animal Control officers who serve the second-largest city in the New Mexico.
LCPD is comprised of an Administrative Division and a Uniform Services Divsion. The Uniform Services Division (Operations) is made up of the Patrol Section, Special Services and Traffic Section. The Special Services Section is a group of dedicated officers who specialize in specific aspects of law enforcement and are provided the opportunity and resources to focus on those particular challenges in our community.
|Section||Command or Unit||Districts||CMDRs||LTs||SGTs||OFCRs||DETs||Other|
|Patrol||West Area Cmd (W of I-25)||1, 2, 3, 4||1||1||9||55||--||10 School Resource Officers|
|East Area Cmd (E of I-25)||5, 6||1||1||6||22||--||--|
|Targeting Neighborhood Threats (TNT) Unit||--||--||--||1||6||--||--|
|Community Liaison Officer||--||--||--||---||1||--||--|
|Hit & Run Investigations||--||--||--||--||--||2||--|
|Neighborhood Enforcement Team||--||--||--||--||2||--||--|
Las Cruces Police Department Beat Map
Las Cruces Fire Department
New Mexico's second largest city is protected by 150 sworn personnel operating from eight stations. The department is an all-hazard service providing fire suppression, paramedic level EMS, aircraft rescue fire fighting, hazardous material response and technical rescue. Las Cruces Firefighter's respond to over 17,500 calls for service annually.
|Fire Dispatch||Single-company Response|
|Tac-5||Landing Zone/County Fire Tac-5|
|Tac-6||Mutual Aid/County Fire Tac-2|
- Each company has a unique pageout channel
|Structure Fire:||4 Engines, 1 Truck, 1 Squad, 1 Battalion, 1 Medic, 1 Medic Supervisor|
|2nd Alarm Fire:||1 Engine, 1 Truck, 1 Battalion|
|2nd Alarm Medical:||2 Engines, 1 Battalion, 1 Medic, 1 Medic Supervisor|
|CPR/Respiratory Arrest:||2 Engines (Or closest Engine, Truck, or Squad)|
|EMS, Still Assignment:||1 Resource (Engine, Truck, or Squad)|
Battalion 1 - West
|1||Battalion 1, Engine 1, Truck 1, ARV 1, Utility 1|
|2||Engine 2, Squad 2|
|3||Engine 3, Squad 3|
|7||Engine 7, Crash 7 (ARFF), RIV 7 (ARFF), Incident Management Center (Command Unit)|
Battalion 2 - East
|4||Engine 4, Truck 4, ARV 4, Hazmat 4, Decon 4, Utility 4|
|5||Engine 5, Reserve Engine 5, Reserve Aerial|
|6||Engine 6, Squad 6, Rescue 6 (Heavy Rescue)|
|8||Battalion 2, Engine 8, Mobile Air Unit|
|301-306||Battalion Chief (Operations)|
|310||Deputy Chief Administration|
|320||Deputy Chief Operations|
|321||Battalion Chief Training/Safety|
|322||Battalion Chief EMS|
|323||Public Information Officer|
|330||Battalion Chief Prevention (Fire Marshal)|
Las Cruces Fire Department Radio Terminology
|ARV||Alternate Response Vehicle, light-duty rescue unit assigned to each truck company for EMS and special duty responses|
|BIR||Brief Initial Report, first-arriving units incident size-up and initiation of command|
|CAN||Conditions / Actions / Needs, Report given to Incident Command from a tactical postion to keep strategy and action plan current|
|Division||Tactical assignment of personnel based on location, Division 1 = 1st floor|
|Emergency Traffic||Shift from an offensive to defensive strategy, Crews will exit (orderly) or abandon (retreat) the structure.|
|Group||Tactical assignment of personnel based on function, Ventilation Group|
|Level 1||Apparatus staging instruction, one block from scene at a hydrant|
|Level 2||Apparatus staging instruction, designated location|
|MVAIE||Motor Vehicle Accident with Injuries Extra Response, higher alarm designation for severe collisions and critical injuries|
|On Deck||Forward staging area of personnel|
|PAR||Personnel Accountability Report, checks welfare and crew integrity|
|Priority Traffic||Immediate notification of a hazard|
|RIC||Rapid Intervention Crew, firefighter rescue team|
|Working Fire Notification||Declaration relayed to dispatch center automatically generates the following resource order: one additional engine company, fire investigator, and command staff notification.|
Dona Ana County Fire Operations
Approximately 250 volunteer and 15 career firefighters provide fire and emergency medical services to Dona Ana Counties 16 fire districts. All districts operate under the direction of the Dona Ana County Fire Marshals Office. The busiest fire districts, Regional Response Stations, are staffed weekdays, 8:00 am to 12:00 am with career personnel to enhance service delivery.
The majority of fire districts are configured with the following apparatus:
- 2 Engines (1000 gpm+, 1000 gallon tanks)
- 1 Rescue (Light/medium duty)
- 1 Tanker (2000-3000 gallon tanks)
- 1 Brush (Type-6)
- 1 Command/Utility
Dona Ana County Fire & Emergency Services
- ES95 - Fire Marshal
- ES96 - Assistant Fire Marshal
- ES97 - Prevention Captain
- ES98 - Prevention Captain
- ES99 - EMS/Training Captain
Fire District List
|1||Dona Ana FD||101|
|2||Anthony FD||201||Regional Response (Career staffing weekdays)|
|3||NMSU FD||301||Career/volunteer staffing 24-hours|
|4||La Mesa FD||401|
|7||La Union FD||701|
|8||Radium Springs FD||801||Regional Response (Career staffing weekdays)|
|13||South Valley FD||1301|
|14||Santa Teresa FD||1401|
|15||Las Alturas FD||1501|
Town of Mesilla Fire Department
The Town of Mesilla Fire Department operates out of two stations and one administrative facility. The department has a paid chief with the remaining workforce being volunteer.
|31||Battalion 31 (Fire Chief), Battalion 32 (On-call Duty Officer), Engine 31, Engine 32, Brush 31|
|Admin||Car 32 (Fire Marshal/Inspector), Arson 31 (Fire Marshal/K-9 Unit)|
American Medical Response
Dona Ana County Operations
- Medic 1 - South County
- Medic 2 - South County
- Medic 3 - South County
- Medic 4 - South County
- Medic 5 - South County
- Medic 6 - South County
- Medic 11 - Las Cruces
- Medic 12 - Las Cruces
- Medic 13 - Las Cruces
- Star 14 - Las Cruces
- Medic 15 - Las Cruces
- Medic 16 - Las Cruces
- Star 17 - Las Cruces
- Medic 18 - Las Cruces
- Medic 19 - Las Cruces
- Star 20 - Las Cruces
- Medic 21 - Hatch
- Medic 60 - Inter-facility Transfer
- Star 61 - MMC Special Team
- 900-series - Supervisor
- Star-series - Designates ILS Ambulance
Dona Ana County (NM) Fire/E.M.S. Locations
Las Cruces F.D.
- Sta. #1 (HQ) - 201 E. Picacho Ave. between N. Main St. (aka US-70) & N. Campo St.
- Sta. #2 - 1199 Foster Rd. @ Chaparro St.
- Sta. #3 - 390 N. Valley Dr. (aka State Route 188) @ Hayner Ave.
- Sta. #4 - 2802 Missouri Ave. between S. Telshor Blvd. & Ridgemont Dr.
- Sta. #5 - 5998 Bataan Memorial E. between Porter Dr. & Sciortino Ln.
- Sta. #6 - 2750 (E.) Northrise Dr. @ N. Roadrunner Pkwy.
- Sta. #7 - 1050 N. Crawford Blvd. @ Zia Blvd.,Las Cruces Int. Airport (Sta. #7 faces Zia Blvd.)
- Sta. #8 - 550 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd. @ Camino Coyote Ln.
Dona Ana County F.D.'s
- 1 - Dona Ana F.D. - 601 Dona Ana School Rd. (aka County Route D048) between Elks Rd. (aka County Route D023) & Calle De Rosas,Las Cruces
- 2 - Anthony F.D. - 1055 E. O'Hara Rd. (aka State Route 404) between Anthony Dr. (aka State Route 460) & W. Frontage Rd.
- 3 - New Mexico State University Dept. of Fire & Emergency Services (WPXK780) - 1510 Wells St. @ Research Rd.,Las Cruces (WQKH838)
- 4 - La Mesa F.D. -
- Current Sta. - 15765 State Route 28 between Harlacker Rd. & W. Bellman Ave.
- Former Sta. - 183 E. San Miguel St. between State Route 28 & St. Valentine St.
- 5 - Organ F.D. -
- Sta. #1 - 5816 Third St. between B St. & Padre La Rue St.
- Sta. #2 - 6900 Moongate Rd. between El Centro Blvd. & Indian Head Rd.
- 6 - Rincon F.D. - 255 Harlan St. between Derry Ave. & Dead End
- 7 - La Union F.D. - 350 Telles St. between Visnaga St. & Campo Santo Ave.
- 8 - Radium Springs F.D. - 12211 Leasburg State Park Rd. between Ft. Selden Rd. (aka State Route 157) & Tres Amigos Rd.
- 9 - Chaparral F.D. - 500 E. Lisa Dr. @ Amparo Rd.
- 10 - Mesquite F.D. - 1 Firehouse Rd. @ State Route 228
- 11 - Garfield V.F.D. - 8920 State Route 187 between Nightwatchers Rd. (aka County Route E64) & Dandelion Ave.
- 12 - Fairacres-Picacho V.F.D. - 5208 Quesenberry Ln. (aka County Route C065) @ Sunfish Ct.,Fairacres
- 13 - South Valley F.D. - 1801 Carver Rd. (aka County Route C016) between State Route 28 & San Pascual St.,Las Cruces
- 14 - Santa Teresa V.F.D. -
- Sta. #1 - 64 Apache Gold Loop across from Apache Silver Rd.
- Sta. #2 - 8014 Airport Rd. between Constellation Dr. & Dead End (Sta. #2 sits at the following coordinates: 31.875365/-106.700042)
- 15 - Las Alturas F.D. -
- Sta. #1 - 4145 Cholla Rd. between Ocotillo Rd. & Calabazilla Rd.,Las Cruces
- Sta. #2 - 8500 Achenbach Canyon Rd. @ Soledad Canyon Rd.,Las Cruces
- 16 - Chamberino V.F.D. - 301 S. Medina Rd. @ Monte Alto St.
- 31 - Town of Mesilla V.F.D. - 2670 Calle De Parian @ Calle De Oeste (Sta. #31 faces Calle De Oeste)
- 216-220 N. Franklin St. (aka State Route 26) @ E. Hill St.
- 251 State Route 187 across from Archer Dr. ***(Provide inter-facility transfer for Hospice)***
Johnson Space Center White Sands Test Facility F.D.
- 12600 NASA Rd. off of Bataan Memorial E.,Las Cruces (The Sta. sits at the following coordinates: 32.505550/-106.610638)
Sunland Park F.D.
- Sta. #1 - 1000 McNutt Rd. (aka State Route 273) between Racetrack Dr. & Sunland Park Dr.
- Sta. #2 - 5650 McNutt Rd. (aka State Route 273) between Airport Rd. & Naranjo Rd.
White Sands Missile Range F.D.
- Sta. #1 (HQ) - 155 Dyer St. between Aberdeen Ave. & Milan St. (Sta. #1 sits at the following coordinates: 32.380563/-106.483169)
- Sta. #2 - 23480 Nike Rd. (aka WMSR Route #2),Cloudcroft (Otero Co.) (Sta. #2 sits at the following coordinates: 32.401253/-106.313140)
- Sta. #3 - WSMR Route #7,Stallion Range Center (Socorro Co.) (Sta. #3 sits at the following coordinates: 33.818915/-106.653002)
- Sta. #4 - Space Harbor Area (Sta. #4 sits at the following coordinates: 32.938340/-106.409988)
American Medical Response (WPQK851)
- HQ - 920 S. Valley Dr. (aka State Route 188) between W. Brown Rd. & Sequoia Ave.,Las Cruces