Expected System Changes (MD)
From The RadioReference Wiki
The following list, compiled from data in many forum-threads, was posted , and is being discussed in the Complied List of Jurisdictions Planning New Radio Systems Thread.
The author intends this to "list what the future holds for new systems in the state (Maryland) in the next couple years." The author "tried to fill in the dots with information from various threads", but is "missing information for a few jurisdictions. Corrections are appreciated."
Expected System Changes
- Allegany County – (FiRST – 2017)
- Anne Arundel County – (Planning Phase, Probably >3 years before new system in place)
- Calvert County – (Planning Phase, a couple years away)
- Caroline County – (FiRST – 2016/2017)
- Cecil County – ( New System, Planning Phase)
- Charles County – ??
- Dorchester County – (New System – RFP 2015, any decision?)
- Frederick County – (Upgrade to Phase II in future)
- Garrett County – (Possible Switch to FiRST)
- Howard County – ??
- Montgomery County – ???
- Queen Anne County – (FIRST – 2016?)
- Somerset County – ???
- Talbot County – (FiRST – 2016/2017?)
- Wicomico County – (New System, any info?)
- Worchester County – (New System)
- Ocean City – (New System – 2017)
Systems Not Expected to Change
Jurisdictions with newer systems that probably won’t choose a new system in the next couple years or so.
- Baltimore City
- Baltimore County
- Carroll County
- Harford County (CMARC)
- Kent County
- Prince George’s County
- Saint Mary’s County
- Washington County