Horry County (SC) Fire and Rescue
From The RadioReference Wiki
Horry County Fire/Rescue
Horry County Fire Rescue is dispatched via alphanumeric paging on 155.0925mHz NFM. Alphanumeric dispatches are followed with voice confirmation on the TAC TGID matching the geographic location of the incident. Responding units contact dispatch on the matching TAC TGID.
Primary tac talkgroups are as follows:
- Tac 1 (6080) - Battalion 1: Northern section of the county, including the North Myrtle Beach, Little River, and Loris areas.
- Tac 2 (6081) - Battalion 2: Southern section of the county, including the Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach, Socastee, and Garden City areas, as well as eastern portions of Conway and Carolina Forest.
- Tac 3 (6082) - Battalion 3: Western/Central section of the county, including much of the city of Conway and the Aynor/Galivants Ferry areas.
A fireground/incident tac talkgroup will be assigned for certain operations which generally require coordination among a large number of responding units. For example, units responding to a structure fire will be assigned what's usually referred to as a "tac channel" (properly called a fireground/incident talkgroup.) Fireground operations will take place on the assigned tac channel. Dispatch does not generally monitor incident tac channels, and any time a unit needs to contact dispatch, their respective dispatch channel (tac 1-3) will be used. Other communications (coordinating attack, water shuttles, etc.) will be done on the tac channel.
Incident/Fireground tac talkgroups are as follows:
- Tac 4, 5, 6, 7, 8: General fireground operations.
- Tac 9: Generally reserved for wildfire and brush fire operations. May be used for some fireground operations.
- Tac 10: Reserved solely for helicopter operations.
- Tac 11: Generally reserved for HAZMAT and technical operations. May be used for some fireground operations.
The Horry County Fire/Rescue Website contains lots of information about HCFR. A list of all Horry County Fire/Rescue stations, with pictures, can be found on their website's station list.
Other Local Fire/Rescue Departments
Myrtle Beach Fire Department is dispatched on talkgroup 6250 and HCFR's alphanumeric paging system. Fireground and incident coordination is on Fireground 2 or 3 (6251 and 6252 respectively). The unit numbers are in the 600 series and Horry County Medics also cover the City of Myrtle Beach (Medic 30 and 36), dispatched via HCFR's alphanumeric paging system.
North Myrtle Beach Public Safety is a hybrid agency (personnel are cross-trained) of police and fire units. The fire units are dispatched on talkgroup 6204 by "Firecom", as well as via HCFR's alphanumeric paging system. Incident and fireground operations are on one of their 6 fireground tac channels. Unit numbers are in the 700 series. North Myrtle Beach Public Safety also has a list of stations (with pictures) on their website as well.
Conway Fire Department is dispatched by the county and operate on the county's tac channels. However, they do have three talkgroups that are used infrequently.
Loris Fire Department is dispatched by the county and operate on the county's tac channels.
Several volunteer rescue squads exist in Horry County. They supplement regular Fire/Rescue operations and are dispatched on the HCFR talkgroups. Depending on apparatus staffing, units are dispatched as "Basic" or "Medic" - i.e. Basic 88 is BLS capable, Medic 88 is ALS capable. The following is a list of these agencies:
- 81 - Myrtle Beach Rescue
- 82 - Horry Rescue (Conway)
- 84 - Surfside Beach Rescue
- 85 - Aynor Rescue
- 86 - Mt. Olive Rescue
- 87 - North Horry Rescue (Loris)
- 88 - North Myrtle Beach Rescue
Horry County Fire/Rescue Station List
A list of all Horry County Fire/Rescue stations, with pictures, can be found on their website's station list.
North Myrtle Beach Public Safety also has a list of stations (also with pictures) on their website as well.
A Google-maps based map, which lists all city and county stations, has also been contributed.
|7||HCFR||Lake Arrowhead||8||HCFR||Juniper Bay|
|16||HCFR||Cates Bay||17||HCFR||Mt. Vernon|
|18||HCFR||Stephens Crossroads||19||HCFR||Cherry Hill|
|29||HCFR||Conway HQ||30||HCFR||Myrtle Beach - North|
|31||HCFR||Surfside Beach||32||HCFR||North Myrtle Beach|
|36||HCFR||Myrtle Beach - South||38||HCFR||Floyds|
|39||HCFR||Carolina Forest||40||HCFR||Hickory Grove|
|41||HCFR||Iron Springs||42||Surfside FD||Surfside Beach|
|43||HCFR||Lee's Landing||45||HCFR||Carolina Bays|
|46||HCFR||Pitch Landing||51||Conway FD||Conway|
|52||Conway FD||Conway||53||Conway FD||Conway|
|61||Myrtle Beach FD||Sta 1 - Mr. Joe White Ave||62||Myrtle Beach FD||Sta 2 - N Kings Hwy|
|63||Myrtle Beach FD||Sta 3 - S Kings Hwy||64||Myrtle Beach FD||Sta 4 - Howard Pkway|
|65||Myrtle Beach FD||Sta 5 - 79th Ave N||66||Myrtle Beach FD||Sta 6 - 38th Ave N|
|68||Fairbluff FD||Fairbluff, NC||69||Tabor City FD||Tabor City, NC|
|71||N Myrtle Beach||Sta 1 - 2nd Ave S||72||N Myrtle Beach||Sta 2 - Sea Mountain Hwy|
|73||N Myrtle Beach||Sta 3 - 33rd Ave S||74||N Myrtle Beach||Sta 4 - Little River Neck Rd|
|75||N Myrtle Beach||Sta 5 - Barefoot Resort Rd||76||MI-GC FD||Murrells Inlet-Garden City|
|77||MI-GC FD||Murrells Inlet-Garden City|
Horry County FR Alphanumeric Paging Cap Codes
Frequency is 155.0925 mHz NFM POCSAG1 format
Cap codes for Horry County FR are formatted 0ss0taa where left to right:
- 0 always zero
- ss station number as in 01 - 46
- 0 always zero
- t apparatus type as in 1=fire 2=medical
- aa apparatus number as in 01, 02, 03=engine/squad;04=truck or ladder;06,07=rescue or brush;05=medic
- Example 0180101 is 181, 0320205 is medic 32
Cap codes for North Myrtle Beach Fire are formatted 0700saa where left to right:
- 070 is North Myrtle Beach FR
- 0 always 0
- s North Myrtle Beach station numbers 1-5
- aa apparatus number
- Example 0700401 is engine 741
Cap codes for Myrtle Beach Fire Department are formatted 06s0aaa where left to right:
- 06 is Myrtle Beach FD
- s Myrtle Beach station number 1-6
- 0 always 0
- aaa apparatus number
HCFR station location list is at http://horrycountyfirerescue.com/station-information
NMBFR station location list is at http://ps.nmb.us/fire-rescue/fire-stations/
MBFD station location list is at http://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/departments/fire_department/index.php
There are also several other small municipalities as well as volunteer rescue groups using the paging system 077, 088 (NMBRS), etc...
Last three unit digits:
- 101 Engines and squads with the exception of SQ1. For some reason SQ1 is assigned 0307
- (A squad in HCFR is an engine with extrication, RIT, and some hazmat abilities)
- 104 Ladders and Towers
- 205 Medic units - ALS transport
- 215 Basic units - BLS transport
- 306 Brush trucks
Rehab units are possibly assigned 0399 but not confirmed.
Other station assignments:
- 090=Battalion Chief station assignment: 0301=BC1, 0302=BC2, 0303=BC3
- 095=Rescue station assignment: 0102=R2, 0103=R3
- 096=Medical officer station assignment. I think 0200 is a general announcement and 0201=EMS1, 0202=EMS2, and 0203=EMS3
- 075=Investigator station assignment: 0101=INV1, 0102=INV2, 0103=INV3
- Horry County Fire and Rescue - Official website for Horry County Fire/Rescue. This website has a list of stations, with pictures and assigned units, and other information.