Inyo County (CA)
From The RadioReference Wiki
Inyo County Fire Department
US Forest Service Station 3
Located behind the White Mountain Ranger Station on Main Street.
- Crew 3 ("Inyo" Interagency Hotshot Crew)
- Engine 31
- Patrol 31
- Patrol 32
- Prevention 33
- Watertender 31
There is a plan to build quarters and a station for Crew 3 in Big Pine. It is on long term hold due to budgetary reasons.
Located behind the Mt. Whitney Ranger Station on 395 near the high school.
- Crew 4 This is a temporary Type II IA "on call crew" and they don't have any quarters. This crew is organized by Antelope Valley Community College and crew members live there. They are called up for active fires and some fuel management projects. They are called to major fires around the state.
- Engine 41
- Patrol 41
- Helitack Base - at the Independence airport on the north side of town.
- Helicopter 525
- Helitack 525
- Helitender 525
CalFire (CDF) Bishop Station
Owens Valley Conservation Camp, north of Bishop.
- Engine 3561 year round
- Engine 3573 is brought into service at times during the summer months.
- Engine 3563 year round
- Engine 3565 is brought into service at various times durring the summer months.
Fire Other Info
Inyo County Volunteer Departments
Officially, all of the Inyo County volunteer departments are supposed to use a prefix of "2" so 101 (the Bishop Fire Chief) should really ID as 2101. Some use the 2 prefix and others do not. Bishop VFD Dispatched by Bishop P.D. on 154.4300
- Station 1 at Bishop City Hall.
- Station 2 on West Line Street (Highway 168 west) on the west side of town.
- Station 3 located on North Sierra Highway (U.S. 395) just north of the fairgrounds.
Bishop VFD utilizes three digit identifiers in the 101+ series and they don't relate to the station numbers.
The Bishop Fire Department is actually two districts, Bishop and Bishop Rural depending on whether it is in the city or county.
Big Pine FPD Dispatched by Inyo S.O. on 153.8750 Station is on 395 in the north portion of town. Unit numbers are 301+.
Independence FPD Dispatched by Inyo S.O. on 153.8750 Station is on the east side of 395 on a side street. Unit numbers are 201+.
Lone Pine VFD Dispatched by Inyo S.O. on 153.8750 Station is located on the east side of 395 on a side street north of Whitney Portal Road. Unit numbers are 401+.
Olancha-Cartago FD Dispatched by Inyo S.O. on 153.8750 Station is on 395 near the Ranch House cafe. Unit numbers are 601+.
Furnace Creek VFD Dispatched by Inyo S.O. on 154.7250 Station is located at Furnace Creek ranch, which is on private land owned by Xanterra Corp (a National Park concessionaire) and is supplemented by structural engines from the National Park Service out of the NPS/Caltrans/CHP/Inyo County work center located north of there at Cow Creek. Unit numbers unconfirmed, possibly 501+.
Tecopa-Shoshone Fire Company Dispatched by Inyo S.O. on 154.7250 Station is located at 410 Tecopa Hot Springs Road. They have an engine, BLS ambulance, and a water tender. Unit numbers are probably 701+.