Jackson County (NC)
From The RadioReference Wiki
|Jackson County DB||North Carolina Forum|
Welcome to the Jackson County Wiki Page. Please feel free to add any information found that relates to the county.
County Unit IDs
- J1, Sheriff
- Adam-x through Edward-x, patrol deputies
- J-x, other deputies
- Western 101 is Chief of campus police for Western Carolina University, the University's dispatch IDs as Western. PD units have 101-140ish. Parking services & CatTran ops use 140ish and up for their units.
- EMS 20 is a basic life support ambulance with crew maintained by and responding to the university answering tones from Western EOC. WCU EMS units maintain 1100 radio numbers.
- SP900 series, Sylva Police (SP is not always used)
- 100 series, EMS, Harris is the provider, ambulances with crew ID as "Medic 3,4 & 5"
- 200 series, Rescue Squad Unit 1, Dispatched on 458.775, has a dedicated repeater on King's Mtn
- 500 series, Glenville-Cashiers Rescue Squad-EMS, Ambulance with crew IDs as "55x"
- Fire Departments: All departments are dispatched on 453.400 which serves as a hailing channel for the departments' dedicated repeaters. Apparatus is IDed as "d5x" where "d" is the department and "x" is a number.
- 300 series, Sylva VFD
- 400 series Cullowhee VFD
- 600 series Glenville-Cashiers VFD
- 700 series Savannah VFD
- 800 series Balsam VFD
- 900 series Qualla VFD, often heard as "Qualla 9xx" to avoid confusion with "SP 9xx"
- 1100 series Canada VFD (Also WCU EMS units)
- 1500 series North Carolina Forest Service answers tones for brush fires
- About EMS20: The Western Carolina University EMS Basic Life Support Ambulance is EMS 20 or sometimes called 1120. The Chief of Western EMS is known as 1101 on "Western" communications. Each Medic is assgined a number beginning with 11 and their unit will be 11-30. Officers are 1101-1105. If more than two medics are on call or sports stand-by, they will communicate over "Western" Communications and will not use the call sign "EMS 20" unless the ambulance is dispatched. EMS 20 does encode to Harris Regoinal Hospital over VIPER. EMS 20 is staffed by Western STUDENTS who maintain their North Carolina or National Registry EMT certification. EMS 20 can also respond to any calls in Jackson county if called upon by Harris EMS. "Western" dispatch located on campus at WCU handles all radio traffic and dispatching for WCU PD as well as other campus functions including the CatTran & Parking services.
Other Unit IDs
- G5xx Highway Patrol trooper operating on the county's system
- "XGA" refers to the Asheville Patrol office(from their teletype ID).
- E-1 county Emergency Services Coordinator
- FM-1 county Fire Marshall
- Cullowhee Vol. FD. Tone A: 1185.9 Tone B: 1217.9