Montgomery County (PA) Apparatus Identifiers
From The RadioReference Wiki
Return to Montgomery County wiki page
- Air – Cascade unit.
- Canteen – Food and comfort units.
- Chemical – Specially designed for chemical extinguishing agents.
- Dive – Sub-surface water rescue units.
- Engine – Reference the NFPA requirements for engine definition.
- Field – Off-road style firefighting equipment with water and pump.
- Haz-Mat – As designated by County.
- Ladder – Primary climbable aerial main.
- Marine – Surface water rescue units.
- Pipeline – Minimum 2000ft. 5” diameter supply line, and 1500 GPM pump.
- Quint – 65 ft. aerial ladder or greater, 1000 GPM pump or greater.
- Rescue – Equipped to the operation level or higher as directed by the NFPA & State Health Department guidelines.
- Snorkel – Articulating platform device.
- Special Operations Unit – Special equipment for technical responses. Including not limited to: trench, collapse, high angle, confined space.
- Special Service – Support equipment., spill control units, decon units.
- Squad – Engine equipped primarily for vehicle extrication.
- Squirt – Elevated articulating master stream and telescopic master stream with or without escape ladders.
- TAC – Small “Mini-Pumper” trucks for primary response.
- Tanker – Reference NFPA requirements.
- Tower – Elevated platform device.
- Traffic – Fire Police vehicles
- Utility – All apparatus not specifically categorized.