For police departments that use the Ocean County Trunked Radio System.
- 201 to 299 - Bay Head (Unit ID's in the 3XX Range)
- 1901 to 1999 - Mantoloking (Unit ID's in the 4XX Range)
- 401 to 499 - Beachwood (Unit ID's in the 5XX Range)
- 2101 to 2199 - Ocean Gate (Unit ID's in the 6XX Range)
- 2201 to 2299 - Pine Beach (Unit ID's in the 7XX Range)
- 2901 to 2999 - South Toms River (Unit ID's in the 8XX Range)
- 1000 to 1099 - Island Heights (Unit ID's in the 44XX Range)
- 1301 to 1399 - Lakehurst (Unit ID's in the 9XX Range)
- 2301 to 2399 - Plumsted Twp. (New Egypt) (Unit ID's in the 74XX and 14xx Range)
Ocean County (NJ) TRS Law Enforcement Radio IDs
Toms River Township
- 1 Post - 37 west of the GSP to the Manchester line, south to the Berkeley line, and as far north as Whitesville Road near the Ice Rink, and everything west of the GSP off and including Lakehurst Rd.
- 2 Post - Whitesville Road north of the Ice Rink, the west side of Rt 9 (starts w/ the Home Depot Shopping center) up to Church Rd, the north side of Church Rd all the way up to the GSP, and the rest of the north-west end of town.
- 3 Post - 37 between the GSP and Hooper Ave, all of the town area west of Hooper Ave, the west side of Hooper Ave as far north as Mapletree Rd, the entire area between the GSP and Hooper Ave (Winteringham, Jamestown, etc, and all of the areas north to the GSP on 166).
- 4 Post - The east side of Rt 9 from the GSP to Church Rd, the south side of Church Rd to N Bay Ave, the section of town between 9 and N Bay Ave including HSN, Dist 1, Intermediate West. Also, the mall, the west side of Hooper north to and including Squire Village and the west side of Indian Hill Rd.
- 5 Post - Everything east of Hooper Ave from south of 571 to the river and west of Vaughn Ave (including the west side of Vaughn) south of 37 from Hooper to the Island Heights Line.
- 6 Post - Everything east of Hooper Ave from Oak Ave (behind the mall) to Fischer Blvd (including Target, Lowes Home Improvement, Intermediate East and Hooper Ave School), the north side of 571 from Oak Ave to the bay in Shelter Cove, all of Fischer Blvd and the assorted communities from Hooper Ave to Bay Ave and Shelter Cove Park.
- 7 Post - West side of Hooper Ave from and including OCC from Fischer and north all of Hooper Ave and all of Silverton to the Brick / Lakewood lines, all of Church Rd from and including Public Works.
- 8 Post - Everything on the east side of Vaughn Ave south of 571 and the south side of 571 from Vaughn to the Bay. All of 37 east of Vaughn and north and east of Island Heights up to and including the Mathis Bridge.
- 91 Post - The Tunney Bridge, Pelican Island, and Ortley Beach.
- 92 Post - The entire Beach area from the Lavallette border to the Brick border.
- Motor = Motorcycle
Patrol Unit Identifiers
- Alpha - Patrol Car, 1 Officer
- Bravo - Patrol Car, 2 Officers
- Delta - Detectives
- Echo - Traffic Safety Unit
- King - Canine Unit
- Lima - Lieutenants
- Med - Community Service Officers
- Park- Park Class 1's
- Watch Commander - Shift Commander
- Sierra - Sergeant
- "T" - Designator for Evidence Technician
- Tango - Extra (Overflow) Unit
- X-Ray - Aux. Police
Command Unit Identifiers
- Staff 1 - Chief of Police
- Staff 2 - Deputy Chief
- Staff 3 to 5 - Police Captains
Police Department Signals
This is only a partial list.
- 0 - Motor Vehicle Accident
- 1 - Homicide
- 2 - Rape
- 3 - Robbery
- 4 - Assault/Fight
- 5 - Burgulary
- 6 - Larceny
- 7 - Auto Theft
- 19 - Disabled Vehicle,Fight Etc.
- 20 - Domestic
- 24 - Disturbance
- 40 - General Public/Misc.
- 42 - First Aid Call
- 49 - Escort
- 53 - Suspicious Person/Vehicle
- 74 - Vandalism
Police Department Codes
- 1 - Confidential
- 2 - Urgent
- 3 - Emergency - Lights/Sirens
- 4 - Potential Hazard
- 5 - In Service
- 6 - Out of Service
- 7 - Report to Headquarters
- 8 - Situation Under Control
- 9 - Wait for Instructions
- 10 - Check on Officer's Safety
- "Panda" - Personal Stop
Police Unit Identifiers
- Unit 20 - Police Towing
- Unit 32 - Animal Control
Back to Ocean County