RR CD Oct2008
From The RadioReference Wiki
News, information, and support regarding the RadioReference.com CD-ROM October 2008 Release.
RadioReference.com announced on October 22nd 2008 that the October 2008 release of the RadioReference.com Database CD-ROM is now available for sale through ScannerMaster.
Priced at $29.95, the CD-ROM provides a complete off-line copy of the RadioReference Database, including conventional and trunked frequencies assignments for all United States cities, counties, and states, and a select set of international locales. In addition, maps, images, 10 codes lists, and other data are included for selected areas.
The CD-ROM is now in stock at ScannerMaster, and can be ordered from this link
Software Programming Applications that support the CD-ROM
Currently, the following software applications support the RadioReference CD-ROM for importing data directly from the CD-ROM
- PSREdit500 For the PSR-500/PSR-600/Pro-106/Pro-197
- PSREdit300 For the PSR-300/PSR-400/Pro-163/Pro-164/Pro-97/Pro-2055
- PSREdit100 For the PSR-100/PSR-200
- Pro96Com P25 control channel decoding software
- ProScan for the BCD996T, BCD396T, BCT15, BR330T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and BC250D Uniden Scanners.
- We've received some reports that users when loading the CD-ROM for the first time get an error message such as:
Error=>Table 'cdrom_rrdb.country_list' doesn't exist
Error=>Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061)
If you receive this error message, check and try the following:
- Make sure you aren't running any security software that might block the application from copying files to your computer.
- Be patient when loading the CD-ROM for the first time. It takes about 1 minute (longer on some machines) for the CD-ROM to copy files to your hard drive. If you interrupt this process you may experience the above message and have to clean up your temp files.
- Clean out your TEMP files, reboot, and try to load the CD-ROM again. To clear out temp files, open My Computer and Right-Click on your C Drive and choose properties. Then click the “Disk Cleanup” button. Check the box “Temporary Files” and then choose OK. Make sure you check “Temporary Files” and not “Temporary Internet Files” - then click OK to run the disk cleanup. Then reboot. and go ahead and try to rerun the CD-ROM.
Tips and Tricks
Running the CD-ROM from the hard drive
- If you want to run the CD-ROM locally on your machine without having to insert the disc each time you need to access the content, simply copy the entire CD-ROM contents to a folder on your hard drive and execute the "RunCD.exe" file in the folder.