Recording Software and Tips
From The RadioReference Wiki
Welcome to the Recording Software and Tips page. You'll find links for recording utilities here. Some software also allows you to shape or modify the audio stream to your liking.
These packages may be useful on scanners that cannot scan and record at the same time. Although they will not capture frequency or other information, it will record audio, and in many cases, add a date/time stamp to the name.
Connecting the radio can be as simple as a connection with shielded audio cable (and as short as possible). Our Connecting Radios to Soundcards article has more on this topic.
- The Pro versions of BuTel's software (where applicable) has recording capabilities
- Scan Control
- Scannerbase 246T Audio Recorder
- Many versions of the Trackstar software can record; however their audio files are stored in a proprietary version that Windows players cannot play
- Absolute Sound Recorder
- Adobe Audition
- Audacity (Multi-Platform Open Source Software)
- AudioCorder (Mac Software)
- Audio Record Wizard (Shareware)
- A seperate set of forums for RecAll and RecAll Pro can be found here
- Replay A/V
- Scancorder (Shareware)
- ScanScope -- Decodes DCS CTCSS and Selcal signalling received on your radio scanner.
- StreamRipper (Windows and Unix)
- Total Recorder (Shareware)
- VOX Recorder
- Wavosaur (Freeware. Editing, processing and recording)
Return to Connecting Radios to Soundcards