Search and Rescue (ON)
From The RadioReference Wiki
424 (Tiger) Squadron is a Search and Rescue/Transport Squadron working out of #9 Hangar at 8 Wing/CFB Trenton. To fulfil its roles, 424 Squadron flies the CH-149 Cormorant helicopter and the Lockheed CC-130 Hercules. 424 Squadron is responsible for the 10,000,000 square kilometers of the Trenton Search and Rescue Region comprising most of the Province of Quebec, all of Ontario, the Prairie Provinces and the entire Arctic.
The Squadron crews one Aircraft of each type on a 30 minute standby response posture during normal working hours and on a two hour posture at all other times in order to respond to distress cases as tasked by the Rescue Coordination Centre.
8 Wing/CFB Trenton frequencies
- 142.0000 CFB Trenton TACC Operations 2
- 149.1500 CFB Trenton Base Operations 1
- 149.1700 CFB Trenton Fire Operations
- 149.3500 CFB Trenton Military Police Ops
- 149.6500 CFB Trenton MSE
- 149.6800 CFB Trenton APRON Operations 2
- 149.8000 CFB Trenton APRON Operations 1