Springfield City (IL)
From The RadioReference Wiki
- City Website
- [ Facebook Page]
Springfield Fire Department
- Offers no transport, all by Private companies
832.5? / 634.5
879.0 / 634.5
669.9 / 634.5
634.5 / 600.9
928.1 / 634.5
825 E. Capitol
2810 Stevenson Dr
801 North Grand Ave. West
1900 E. Converse
1723 E. Clay
2156 S. Ninth St.
1428 S. Glenwood
2051 W. Monroe
2405 S. Chatham Rd.
2401 Peoria Rd.
1805 Toronto Rd.
2925 S. Koke Mill Rd.
MABAS frequencies are programmed in SFD VHF radios.
- Units: Marine 1
Back Up Station Pagers Tone-Out Information -- Frequency 460.625 The back up pagers are Motorola Minitors sitting in each station house. They are used to rebroadcast every general alarm and the 0730 and 1600 paging tests Heard page tones
Springfield Police Department
- [ Website]
- [ Facebook Page]
Springfield Police - Unit Numbers
- A-Adam----- Lieutenants (A-03 12/07)
- C-Charles-- Misc. Vehicles
- D-David---- Detectives
- I-Ida------ Crime Scene Detectives (ID)
- L-Lincoln-- Patrolmen
- L-02 (12/07), L-06 (10/07), L-22 (11/07), L-23 (11/07), L-56 (12/07), L-99 (10/07), L-112 (12/07)
- N-Nora----- Park District Police
- Ranger 513 (11/07)
- P-Paul----- Drug "Vice" Units
- R-Rangers-- Park Rangers (Federal/Abraham Lincoln's Home)
- S-Sam------ Sergeants
- T-Tom------ Traffic Wardens
- T-71 & T-81 DUI Patrol Cars
- V-Victor--- Undercover Patrols
- W-Willy---- Downtown Officers (on foot patrol)
- Y-Young---- Parking Enforcement
- Z-Zebra---- K-9 Patrols
If PD has a crime in progress (ie armed robbery) they dispatch it over Police 1 (TRS) 154.725 (City Frank2) and 154.86 (County 4)
|4851||12f3||D||SPD Disp Frank 1||Police: Dispatch - Primary [F-1 SPD 1 DISPATCH]|
|4852||12f4||D||SPD Disp Frank 2||Police: Dispatch - Secondary [F-2 SPD 2 DISPATCH]|
|4853||12f5||D||SPD Car-to-Car 3||Police: Car-to-Car [F-3 SPD 3 CAR 2 CAR]|
|4854||12f6||D||SPD Traffic/Evt5||Police: Traffic/Details/Events/Command Center [F-5 SPD 5 TRAFFIC]|
|4855||12f7||D||SPD Detectives 6||Police: Detectives [F-6 SPD 6 DETECTIVES]|
|4856||12f8||D||SPD DrugTaskFrc7||Police: Drug Task Force [F-7 SPD DRUG TASK FORCE]|
|4858||12fa||D||SPD Ops 1||Police: Ops 1|
|4860||12fc||D||SPD VARDA||Police: Voice Activated Radio Dispatched Alarm|
|4929||1341||D||SPD Park Police||Park District Police: Car-to-Car [SPD PARK POLICE]|
|4946||1352||D||Springfield CMED||Central Medical Emergency Dispatch (C-MED) (155.22 Patch)|
|6266||187a||D||SPI Airport Auth||Springfield Airport Authority|
ESDA ops are controlled by the Sangamon County Office of Emergency Management. A complete map showing the locations of the 55 new tornado sirens (American Signal Corporation) has been placed on the official website for the City of Springfield. The map can be found at MAP "Since we replaced our old antiquated siren system with an entirely new one, many of the siren locations have changed,? Davlin said. ?This map shows the locations of the 55 new sirens which have installed in an around Springfield. Their locations were plotted by computer to cover the entire city and so that anyone standing outside their home or place of business could hear the sirens.? ?The new state-of-the-art siren system allows us to monitor siren performance in real time. That means whenever we run a test, we receive immediate computer verification that the sirens are sounding and rotating properly.
Springfield Public Works
CWLP - City Water Light and Power
Springfield Park District
Police Dept has 11 FT officers patrolling 32 parks, 3 golf courses, 3 swimming pools, botanical gardens, a carillon, an indoor ice rink, Zoo, baseball & soccer fields and concession stands.
- Police dispatched on the Springfield City TRS, maintenance still on UHF Repeater.
Springfield Metro Sanitary District
- Uses Cellular for all communications (6/09) Website
- Serves over 145,000 people in Springfield, Chatham, Grandview, Jerome, Leland Grove, Rochester, Sherman and Southern View.
P25 Trunked System
- 1000 Dispatcher
- 1036 Battalion 1 Spfld Fire
- 1046 Engine ? Driver Spfld Fire
- 1048 Engine 7 Spfld Fire
- 1101 Engine 4 Spfld Fire
- 1140 Fire unit
- 9003 unit on Fire 3
- 50047 unit 303 talk about water on Public Works 1
- 50051 unit on Public Works 1
- 750063 unit on Public Works channel