Starke County (IN)
From The RadioReference Wiki
About Starke County, IN
Starke County is located in Northwest Indiana along US-30 and US-35. Founded in 1850, the county seat and largest Town is Knox. Starke County Sheriff Office, Knox Police, North Judson Police, and Hamlet Police are all using the Project Hoosier SAFE-T radios along with EMT's by talking to one another. It is unclear on when the Fire Departments and EMS will fully switch over to the SAFE-T system.
Starke County Call Signs
- Starke County Sheriff & Police Departments
- KSB416 (used for Point-to-Point and local all county dispatches)
- Starke County Fire
- IU Health: Starke Hospital
- KBJ324 (used for the IHERN)
Starke County Unit Numbers
- Starke County Sheriff 75-XX
- Knox Police 44-XX
- Hamlet Police 9-XX
- North Judson Police 8-XX
- Conservation Officer X-7
- Coroner 75-79
Starke County Fire Departments
- Stations 1&2- Knox Center Township VFD
- North Judson Wayne Township VFD
- Station 8- Hamlet VFD
- Station 14- San Pierre VFD
- Station 12- Washington Township VFD
- Station 7- Koontz Lake VFD
- Bass Lake California Township VFD
Starke County EMS/ EMA
This ambulance service is a ALS type ambulance. See bottom of page for EMS upgrade information.
- Medic 3 & 4- Main Base (Knox)
- Based at Main Street and Culver Road. Protects the central part of the county. Future home of the Counties ALS ambulance (Medic 4) due to the close proximity to IU Health: Starke Hospital.
- Medic 1- North Judson Base
- Based on Collins Avenue. Protects the south side of the county
- Medic 5- Grovertown Base
- Based at IN 23 and US 30. Protects the north side of the county.
EMS Upgrade Information (will be updated as needed)
- Starke County has been Certified by IDHS as an ALS ambulance. This service should be up and running the start of Febuary 2012.