Sullivan County (NH)
From The RadioReference Wiki
- 1 Sullivan County Map
- 2 Sullivan County Law Enforcement Agencies & Communications
- 3 Sullivan County Fire/EMS Agencies & Communications
- 4 Mailing Lists/Forums
- 5 Online Scanners
Sullivan County Map
Sullivan County Law Enforcement Agencies & Communications
Law enforcement in Sullivan County is primarily dispatched by three main agencies: Sullivan County Sheriff, Upper Valley Regional Communications Center, and Claremont Communications Center. There are a few towns that self-dispatched or are dispatched by another department or county including Sunapee and Charlestown.
Sullivan County Sheriff's Department
The following Law Enforcement agencies are dispatched on the County PD channel (156.15000MHz - N117/136.5PL):
- Sullivan County Sheriff (Covers the county and towns without a PD or part-time PD)
- Sullivan County House of Corrections (HOC## is their call-sign format)
- Lempster (Coverage provided by SCSD & NHSP)
- Unity (Coverage provided by SCSD & NHSP)
Upper Valley Regional Communications Center
UVRCC dispatches several Police, Fire/EMS, and Highway agencies in Grafton County NH, Sullivan County NH, and Orange County VT. The following Law Enforcement agencies are dispatched on the Police Simulcast channel in the Sullivan County area of NH:
Claremont Communications Center
- Cornish (Sometimes heard on UVRCC's Police Simulcast when assisting Plainfield)
Newport Communications Center
Towns Covered By NH State Police
Langdon is dispatched by Cheshire County. Sunapee is dispatched by New London. Washington is dispatched by Hillsborough.
Sullivan County Fire/EMS Agencies & Communications
Towns in Sullivan County are dispatched by two primary communications centers. They are Southwestern New Hampshire Fire Mutual Aid and Upper Valley Regional Communications Center. The City of Claremont self-dispatches on its own City Fire Alarm System. There are some other towns that self-dispatch as noted below.
Common Apparatus Identifiers
- Ambulance - A unit designed and licensed to transport patients.
- Boat/Marine - A watercraft operated by a member department.
- C - An officer or member, having command authority.
- Car - A vehicle used primarily for transporting personnel, communications equipment, or other equipment used to support fire ground operations.
- Engine - Firefighting apparatus equipped with a fire pump of at least 750 GPM capacity and carrying not less than 500 gallons of water.
- Forestry - A vehicle that is primarily used in grass, brush, or forest fire suppression.
- Ladder - Firefighting apparatus equipped with an aerial ladder, elevating platform, tower, or snorkel.
- Portable - A portable radio.
- Rescue - A vehicle used primarily to transport equipment and/or manpower for the purpose of removal or extrication of victims requiring fire department assistance.
- Tanker - Firefighting apparatus used primarily for hauling water, with or without a fixed fire pump, and carrying more than 1,000 gallons of water.
- Tower - Firefighting apparatus equipped with an elevating platform, tower, or snorkel.
- Utility - Firefighting apparatus not categorized by another letter designation used to provide support services.
- Warden - An individual designated by the state as a Warden, Deputy Warden, or Special Deputy Warden.
Southwestern New Hampshire Fire Mutual Aid
SWNHFMA has a large radio network that spans multiple counties in NH, VT, and MA. Agencies are toned out on the primary channel known as KCF415 or Southwest (154.4300MHz - 136.5PL). Below you will find the agencies dispatched by SWNHFMA in Sullivan County:
|DEPARTMENT NUMBER||DEPARTMENT NAME||TYPE|
|54||CHARLESTOWN (MEMBER AGENCY BUT NOT DISPATCHED BY SWNHFMA)||FIRE/EMS|
|56||CLAREMONT (MEMBER AGENCY BUT NOT DISPATCHED BY SWNHFMA)||FIRE/EMS|
The UVRCC dispatches several Police, Fire/EMS, and Highway agencies in Grafton County NH, Sullivan County NH, and Orange County VT. The primary dispatch channel is referred to as UVCOMM. Towns east of Lebanon are dispatched on the Repeater A channel and Cornish, NH in Sullivan County is dispatched on its own repeater, commonly known as the Cornish Repeater. UVRCC also serves as the backup communications center for the City of Lebanon and the Hartford Regional Communications Center in Hartford, VT. As of 2023 Croydon, NH Fire and F.A.S.T. Squad are now dispatched by UVRCC on UVCOMM. UVRCC has been making plans for the past few years to consolidate all of its repeater sites to UVCOMM only.
The table below shows the departments dispatched by UVRCC, as well as what dispatch channel they are toned out on. The towns in bold are located in Sullivan County.
|UVCOMM||PLAINFIELD (INCLUDES MERIDEN)||FIRE|
|UVCOMM||FAIRLEE/UPPER VALLEY AMBULANCE||FIRE/EMS|
|RPTR-A||CANAAN (PARTIALLY COVERS DORCHESTER AND ORANGE)||FIRE/EMS|
UVRCC does not have numbers assigned to the agencies they dispatch. Instead, they use the following format: Town Name-Apparatus-Number (Hanover Engine 3). UVRCC uses V-TAC-11 (151.1375 156.7) for Water Supply 1, and V-TAC-12 (154.4525 156.7) for Water Supply 2.
- Claremont (Includes Golden Cross AMB in Claremont) - Claremont Fire Alarm 154.2050MHz - 136.5PL
- Charlestown - 156.1800MHz - 074DPL
- Newport - 154.0700MHz - 136.5PL
Sunapee Fire Department is dispatched by New London on the Kearsarge Fire Compact channel. Washington Fire Department is dispatched by Capitol Area Fire Mutual Aid.
Return to NH Home: New Hampshire (US)