Wake Forest Baptist Medical (NEXEDGE) System Information
From The RadioReference Wiki
This system is replacing the old LTR 800 MHz TRS at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. This system serves the triad-area Wake Forest Baptist hospitals.
This system uses the 9600 baud flavor of NEXEDGE with NXDN digital voice.
- 001 - Atop Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center - Forsyth County
- 002 - Atop the former GMAC Building - Forsyth County
- 003 - Atop Davie Medical Center - Davie County
- 004 - Atop Lexington Medical Center - Davidson County
- 005 - Atop Wilkes Medical Center - Wilkes County
- 006 - Atop High Point Regional Medical Center - Guilford County
- Sites 3, 4, and 5 are single-frequency sites behaving as both a control channel and voice channel. The Davie Medical Center site is licensed a second frequency which was being used at one time, but is now currently inactive.
- Site 1 and 2 simulcast the same traffic. You will hear the same traffic on both sites.
- Traffic for each hospital stays on its local site(s). For example, Davie Medical Center traffic is only carried on site 3.
- Site 6 may not yet be fully mapped. Information on voice channels would be greatly appreciated.
- SunStates security provides security for Innovation Quarter in downtown Winston-Salem. Their traffic is carried on TG 18.
- LCNs are sequential for each site (i.e. the lowest voice frequency on site 1 will have the lowest LCN -- in this case that is LCN 1 -- and the highest voice frequency on the highest-numbered site -- site 6 -- should have the highest LCN).
The following is a rough approximation of system coverage. Be aware, that this is not an official map, but merely a user-gennerated approximation that is somewhat generous. Your actual results may vary.