Public Safety Units
71xx - State Police Station 71 Cadillac.
83xx - Wexford County Sheriff
83-7x - Wexford Animal Control
41xx - Michigan DNR (conservation officers)
81xx - Cadillac city PD
39-x - Manton PD
FSxx - US Forest Service
-8339 on 155.505 (Please note: police now use the MPSCS)
Fire & EMS
- Department personnel in Wexford County start with 21 and work forward. with the Chief being 01.
- For example, 2-01 would be the Buckley Fire Chief and 2-21 would be the next highest ranking officer.
- The Truck numbering is as follows: 02 being your lead pumper, followed by 03 and so on.
- The reason behind this is supposed to be so that you can follow the assumption that trucks with even numbers will be pumpers and trucks with odds will be just general tankers that may or may not be capable of pumping.
- (also dispatched on Fire frequency)
North Flight City Fire
- Alpha 12 - Ambulance run from Cadillac Fire Department (City Fire)
North Flight Station 1 or simply EMS Station 1
- Alpha 25, Alpha 22- Ambulance run from a station near Munson Cadillac. Exact location unknown.
North Flight Station 2
- Ambulances run from Manton North Flight office. Also used to cover when both Cadillac Ambulances are out on calls. Staffed during day, on-call at night.
- Alpha 19 - Main ambulance, travels to Cadillac at least 2/3 times a day for coverage
- North Flight also owns a Flex car out of the Manton station that is used for long distance transfers.
Cherry Grove EMS
- North Flight Ambulance run from the Cherry Grove Fire Department.
- Bravo 18
EMS Station 1 and 2
- Both run two ambulances out of their stations.
- Run seperate from Springville Twp FD (Station 800). They hold 2 Ambulances (8A and 9A), and also have a resuce/crash rig labelled 10R. Does not have any fire apparatus (Station 800 provides fire services for the area)
- Mesick 9A, Mesick 8A, Mesick 10R
- Two Bravo (Basic Life Support) units run by the Fire Department in Selma. 906 is an MFR unit. Not toned often, almost a 'last resort' department.
- Alpha/Bravo ?
- Following a system similar to neighboring Grand Traverse County, department runs two ambulances (2A and 2A2) from the Fire Department in Buckley. Basic Life Support units
- 2A, 2A2
- Used to have ambulances 10A, 11A and 12R, run from Harrietta Fire Department. Rescue division is now closed, 10A and 11A were sold, but department still owns and operates 12R (rescue/crash rig similar to Mesick Rescue's 10R).
- Harrietta 12R
Station 100 - Boon Twp Fire Department
Station 200 - Buckley FD/Rescue
Station 300 - Cedar Creek Twp Fire Department
Station 400 - Cherry Grove Twp Fire/EMS
Station 500 - Colfax-Greenwood Vol. Fire Dept
Station 600 - Haring Charter Township Vol. Fire Dept
Station 700 - City of Manton Vol. Fire Dept.
Station 800 - Springville Twp Fire
Station 900 - Selma Twp Fire Dept.
Station 1000 - Slagle-Harrietta Fire Dept
Station 1100 - South Branch Fire Dept
Station 1500 - Wexford County sheriff's Fire Investigation Team (From Dispatch)
City Fire - Cadillac City Fire Dept. (Badge numbers are never reissued
100s are full time personnel and 200s are part time personnel).
- Station 100: City of Boon, Boon Township and surrounding areas
- Station 200: City of Buckley, surrounding areas (including Grand Traverse County)
- Station 300: Cedar Creek Township, City of Manton (if needed)
- Station 400: Cherry Grove Township and surrounding areas, City of Cadillac (West End)
- Station 500: Colfax and Greenwood Townships, Meauwataka, City of Manton, outlying municipalities
- Station 600: Haring Charter Township, City of Cadillac (North End)
- Station 700: City of Manton, surrounding townships if needed
- Station 800: City of Mesick, Springville Township, Buckley (South End)
- Station 900: Selma Township, City of Cadillac (Outer Edge)
- Station 1000: City of Harrietta, Slagle and Harrietta Townships, South Branch Township, Surrounding Areas
- Station 1100: South Branch Township, Slagle-Harietta Townships, Into Manistee County (Wellston)
- Station 1500: Entirety of Wexford County
- City Fire: City of Cadillac, Surrounding municipalities (if absolutely needed)
- This also applies to Medical stations except for EMS Station 2, which is used as a Cadillac Coverage Unit.
Return to DB page: Wexford County Michigan
Return to Wiki page: Michigan Counties