From The RadioReference Wiki
Win96 is a software program for the Radio Shack Pro-96 Digital Trunking Scanner and the Pro-2096 "mobile" version. It allows you to read data from the scanner, make changes via the GUI, and write the modified data back. Win96 can also manage the PRO-96's "Virtual Scanner Folders". You can maintain a "library" of data files to be downloaded or shared. Alternatively, you can import and export comma-delimited (CSV) text files.
During Win96's design and creation, its author worked closely with the PRO-96's development team. Due in part to this relationship, Win96 allows full control of all known PRO-96 features, including several that are not documented in the scanner's manual. These "extra" features include, (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Virtual Scanner Management
- Extended Trunking Tables
- "Battery Low" level control
- Changing the scanner's power-on display text
- Open up extended frequency ranges (minus cellular)
- Note: The Starrsoft website has been up and down numerous times in the last year. The status of the author/owner (Don Starr) is unknown
Integration with the RadioReference.com Web service
Win96 has the native ability to access the RadioReference.com database directly using the RadioReference.com Web Service. It is done thru a simple Win96 Web import:
In the screen below, you can see a sample Type IIi Hybrid Motorola system ready for import directly from the RadioReference.com database into a Win96 bank:
In the screen below, you can see a sample of a Conventional (Country>State>County) system for import directly from the RadioReference.com database into a Win96 bank:
In the screen below, you can see a sample of a Conventional (Country>State>Agency) system for import directly from the RadioReference.com database into a Win96 bank:
- Other Methods of Importing data
- Data can also be copy/pasted via Excel. See the Excel Copy/Paste Special to Software article for the procedures on how to accomplish this.
- Win96 can also import CSV formatted data, but it requires extensive reformatting for it to recognize this file type.
Reband tables for Motorola 800MHz trunking systems
These tables were provided by Wayne at this forum thread.
If you have a premium subscription, Win96 (version 1.58 and later) will download the correct system type and custom tables automatically.
Note. WIN96 version 1.58 and newer has a standard pre-defined table option for rebanded tables. Manual entry of table information for rebanding is not needed using this version or newer. Simply select "800 MHZ Rebanded" under 3600 CC
Below are screen shots for manual entry for use with Version 1.57 and older.