Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) Duval County (FL)
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 20:20, 14 May 2017 by QDP2012 (updated link after target page moved)
Welcome to the Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) aviation article, the airport and ANGB located in Duval County, Florida.
This is where you, the user, may index any articles, frequencies-lists, etc. that you develop for scanning related topics for this airport and ANGB.
Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) is a civil-military public airport 13 miles north of downtown Jacksonville, Florida. It is owned and operated by the Jacksonville Aviation Authority.
Jacksonville Air National Guard Base
The airport is also home for the Jacksonville Air National Guard Base and the 125th Fighter Wing (125 FW) of the Florida Air National Guard. If activated to federal service in the United States Air Force, the 125 FW is operationally-gained by the Air Combat Command (ACC).
125th Fighter Wing (125 FW)
Mission: Provide air defense for the southeastern United States, from Charleston, South Carolina to the southern tip of Florida and across the Florida panhandle.
- Aircraft - F-15C/D Eagle
- Callsign - FANG
- Nickname -
- Tail Code - Dark Blue tail stripe "Florida" in white letters, lightning bolt below.
- The 125th Fighter Wing is comprised the following units
- 125th Operations Group (125 OG)
- 159th Fighter Squadron (159 FS)
- 125th Operations Support Flight (125 OSF)
- 125 FW Detachment 1/OL-AA - GSU at Homestead Air Reserve Base
- 114th Space Control Squadron (114 SPCS) - GSU at Patrick AFB
- 159th Weather Flight (159 WF) - GSU at Camp Blanding
- 131st Training Flight (131 TF) - GSU at Camp Blanding
- 125th Maintenance Group (125 MXG)
- 125th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron
- 125th Maintenance Squadron
- 125th Maintenance Operations Flight
- 125th Mission Support Group (125 MSG)
- 125th Force Support Squadron
- 125th Logistics Readiness Squadron
- 125th Civil Engineering Squadron
- 125th Security Forces Squadron
- 202nd RED HORSE Squadron (202 RHS) - GSU at Camp Blanding
- 290th Joint Communications Support Squadron (290 JCSS) - GSU at MacDill AFB
- 125th Communications Flight
- 125th Medical Group (125 MDG)
- Gulf States Milcom
- North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD)
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Transportation Security Administration