Norfolk City (VA)
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 22:10, 3 February 2016 by LeSueurC
|Norfolk DB||MediaWiki||Quickref||PDF Card||Virginia Forum|
Welcome to the Norfolk City collaboration article. This is where you, the user, may index any articles you develop for scanning related topics for your area.
Fire Station Locations and Equipment Updated 5/27/09
- Station 1-Wood St & St. Pauls Blvd
Engine 1, Ladder 1, Medic 1, Battalion 1, Fire Car 8, Boat 1, Fieldcom 1, Air Unit
- Station 2-25th St & Church St
Engine 2, Medic 2
- Station 3-E. Virginia Beach Blvd & Monticello Ave
- Station 4-Poplar Hall Dr & Honaker Ave
Engine 4, Medic 4 MMRS Medical Response Trailer MMRS Communications Tower Trailer 
- Station 5-Unused
- Station 6-Colley Ave & Fairfax Ave
Engine 6, MIRT Support 3, MIRT Fire Pump, LUF-60 trailer
- Station 7-W. 43rd St & Hampton Blvd
Engine 7, Ladder 7, Medic 7, Rescue Company 1, Hazmat 1, Utility 7, Hazmat support trailer
- Station 8-E. Berkley Ave & Frederick St.
Engine 8, Ladder 8, Medic 8
- Station 9-Thole St. near Granby St.
Engine 9, Ladder 9, Medic 9, Battalion 2
- Station 10-E. Virginia Beach Blvd & Azalea Garden Rd.
Engine 10, Ladder 10, Medic 10
- Station 11-Verdun Ave. near Lafayette Blvd.
Engine 11, Medic 11
- Station 12-W. Little Creek Rd. & Harrison Rd.
Engine 12, Medic 12
- Station 13-Maple Ave & Osborne Rd
Engine 13, Ladder 13, Medic 13, Boat 13, Brush 1
- Station 14-Norview Ave & Edward St
Engine 14, Ladder 14, Medic 14, Rescue Company 2, Battalion 3, Utility 14, Tech rescue support trailer
- Station 15-Fishermans Rd near Sturgis Rd
- Station 16-Camellia Rd near E. Little Creek Rd.
Engine 16, Medic 16
- Engine, Ladder or Medic 18 is the designation of a spare truck while being used by the training division.
- Medic 3 or 6 is the designation used for medic units assigned for special event coverage.
NFR-NPD channel usage
Dispatch- units dispatched, unit status, general information
Tac 2- EMS Ops, any call that is EMS related. The units dispatched respond and use this channel on scene. Also used for disposition enroute to hospital (arrived,patient care turned over, OOS or drug box refill)
Tac 3 - Fires, Accidents involving extrication or pin not on the Interstate. Confined Space Rescue Ops, HazMat, Water rescues, Gas leaks.
Tac 4 - Overflow for Tac 3
Tac 5 - Service calls, vehicle fires, wires down, brush fires, open burning,
Tac 6- Interstate accidents, car fires. Airport calls. Mutual Aid. Airport Fire will come up on Tac 6 to advise units of the situation.
Tac 7- Admin, Talkaround, Inspections.
Tac 8- Overflow Tac, Training.
Tac 9- Same as 8
Tac 10- Same as 8
Tac 11- Same as 8.
1st, 2nd ,3rd Dispatch- units are dispatched, dispositions, general information, traffic stops
Detective Dispatch- Detectives, Forensics, Marine units, K9 units are dispatched and told what precinct channel to switch to. Also calls are broadcasted, traffic stops, general information
1st, 2nd, 3rd, Detective Alternate channels- Either car to car, talkaround, if a Signal 98 (clear the air) is given, Calls are Dispatched on the Alternate channel until the Signal 98 is deemed cleared on Dispatch, or vice versa.
1st,2nd,3rd Tacs- Car to Car, Talkaround, prolonged events, Special events.
Admin/Towing- Information about Warrants,
Dispatcher will normally broadcast the response code for Code 3 and some Code 2 calls. Code 1 calls are decided by a dispatcher or shift commander, etc.
Code 3 - Lowest Priority, no lights or siren
Code 2 - Fights, etc., anything involving life in danger, lights and sirens
Code 1 - Highest priority, lights and sirens
Norfolk PD Callsign Identifiers
1xx - -1st Patrol Division units
Major neighborhoods serviced by the First Patrol Division include: Berkley, Brambleton, Broad Creek, Campostella, Downtown, Elizabeth Park, Ingleside, NRHA Public Housing Communities, Old Huntersville, Poplar Halls, River Forest Shores,
18x,28x,38x- School Resource Officers
2xx - 2nd Patrol Division units
Major neighborhoods serviced by the Second Patrol Division include: Areas surrounding the Norfolk International Airport, (Airport Police handle all calls within the Airport) Denby Park, E. Little Creek Road, East Ocean View, Fox Hall, Norview / Five Points, Willoughby,
3xx - 3rd Patrol Division units
Major neighborhoods serviced by the Third Patrol Division include: 21st Street Corridor, Ballentine, Coleman Place, Colonial Place, Edgewater, Estabrook, Fairmont Park, Ghent, Highland Park, Lafayette, Lakewood, Lamberts Point, Larchmont, Lochaven, Naval Base (Base Police handle calls within confines of the base), North Shore, Old Dominion University (ODU has their own PD, NPD is used for mutual aid) Park Place, Roland Park, Sherwood Forest, Suburban Park, Talbot Park, Titustown, Villa Heights, Wards Corner, West Ghent,
Animal Control - 411-419 (Detective Main)
PHx units- Public Housing
K-9 Units - 420-440 (Detective Main)
Traffic Units, Motorcycles - 450-480 (Detective Main)
Detectives (Plain clothes , Vice , Narcotics , Robbery , Homicide etc.)- 500-900
Any number ending in "0"; 120 ,220 ,340 ,560 ,780 etc.- Sergeants
Norfolk Signal Codes
- 2 Assist
- 3 Request assistance
- 4 Acknowledgment
- 5 See complainant
- 6 Officer not acknowledging
- 7 Out of service
- 8 In service
- 9 Arrived at scene
- 10 Cancel
- 11 Officer involved
- 12 General broadcast
- 13 Utility defect
- 14 Reuest services
- 15 Prisoner in Custody
- 16 Confirmed Want
- 17 Possible want
- 18 Subject with communicable disease
- 19A Report to VA Beach & Tidewater
- 19B Report to Granby & 21st
- 19C Report to Thole & Granby
- 19D Report to Tidewater & Thole
- 19E Report to Southern Shopping Ctr.
- 19F Report to Military & E Little creek
- 19G Report to Willowood & Granby
- 19H Report to Lafayette & Tidewater
- 20 Location
- 21 Phone
- 22 Computer check�person
- 23 Computer check�vehicle
- 24 Computer check�property
- 25 Radio check
- 26 Radio check�OK
- 27 Radio check�poor
- 28 Stand by
- 29 Weapon involved
- 30 Request city wrecker
- 31 Request contract wrecker
- 32 Request police wrecker
- 33 Owner requests wrecker
- 34 Recall
- 35 Switch to subfleet
- 36 Correct time
- 37 Request supervisor
- 38 Violent subject
- 39 Suicidal subject
- 40 Terminally ill subject
- 41 Special call-in
- 42 Activate trench rescue
- 43 No smoke or flames visible
- 44 Smoke visible
- 45 Flames visible
- 46 Flames visible
- 47 Fully involved
- 48 Request additional fire units
- 49 Dispatch second alarm
- 50 Dispatch third alarm
- 51 Burn victim
- 52 Smoke inhalation victim
- 53 Fire fatality
- 54 Activate Hazmat response
- 55 Declare Hazmat phase
- 56 Odor of gas
- 57 Odor of smoke
- 98 Emergency�stand by
- 99 Officer needs help
- Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Norfolk City (VA)
- Travel Reference (VA): I-64, US 13, US 58, US 60, US 460 E