PSR-300/400 Operating Tips
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 15:49, 3 March 2009 by DonS
This article applies to the following scanners:
Please add any additional tips below. If a tip is specific to a particular scanner, please be sure to specify this in the explanation
- Battery Voltage - PGM, F+ENT, Manual to exit.
- Spectrum Sweeper - Press and hold The scan/spectrum sweeper key. To select public service sweep press F+Scan/spectrum sweeper key. Press the number to activate/de-activate band.
- Edit Welcome Message - PGM, F+Text, Enter text for 1st line, "ENT", 2nd line, "ENT", 3rd line, "ENT", 4th line, "ENT" <to exit>.
- Edit Bank Tag - PGM, Func+<bank number>, TEXT, enter text, ENT to save and exit.
- Backlight Settings - Turn radio on, press the light button during the "welcome" message, press up/down to change time in seconds.
- Infinite Backlight - Press and hold the light button until beep in scan, manual, sweep, or search.
- To turn Global attenuation on and off - F+ATT.
- Load Pre-programmed frequencies - Tun radio on, press PGM, 1 ENT, or any other key to exit. <Note: Will overwrite first three banks>.
- Keytone on/off - Press 1 to turn keytone on, or 2 to tun it off, during the welocome message.
- Review Lockouts - Press MAN, F+L/OUT. Repeate to see next L/O.
- Set WX FIPS Codes - Press WX, F+PGM, enter FIPS, press ENT. F+CL to delete FIPS.
- Program Motorola fleet maps - PGM Trunk, F+arrow up/down to select bank, F+8, enter code pressing ENT after each size code for all 8 blocks.
- Talkgroup Delay - Pess MAN, F+up/down arrow to select bank, F+TRUNK, F+./Delay, up/down arrow to select time in seconds, ENT to save.
- Re-initialize radio <and all memory> - Press 0, 1, ENT, during welcome message.
- Rebanding now supported in CPU Firmware 1.6 and later. Software required to set the trunking tables.
Setting Custom Tables for rebanded 800MHz systems
The following section explains how to set the custom tables for rebanded Motorola 3600bps systems using PSREdit300.
- Start PSREdit300.
- Download your current configuration from your scanner.
- Switch to the Scanning Banks Tab
- Use the bank selector to switch to the rebanded bank.
- In the 800MHz system type area, change the pulldown box from standard to "Multi-Tables"
- Click on the "Edit Tables" button.
- Click on the "800 Rebanded" button.
- Click on "Apply"
- Repeat from the Switch to bank step for eash bank with a rebanded system.
- Upload the new configuration to your scanner.
Your scanner should now track the rebanded system correctly.
The following section explains how to set the custom tables for rebanded Motorola 3600bps systems using Win97.
- Make sure the scanner contains firmware 1.06 or later:
- Turn the scanner off
- Turn the scanner on
- While the "Welcome" message is displayed, press the '3' key
- If the Application version shown is not 1.06 or later, you must install an updated firmware version - visit the GRE or RadioShack web site as appropriate for your scanner and download/install the update.
- Start Win97
- If you don't already have the scanner's programming saved, download it into Win97
- Click on the "Channels" tab and navigate to the bank that contains the system that is rebanded
- Select the "Multi-table" item in the "MOT 800 MHz" group near the top-right of the page
- Click on the "Extended Tables" button
- Select "800 MHz Rebanded" under "'Standard' band plans"
- Click the OK button
- Repeat, as necessary, for other banks (each bank has its own table settings)
- Upload the data to the scanner