From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 22:22, 10 January 2008 by Trunker
The Pro-164 is manufactured by GRE in China. The Pro-164, the handheld version of the Pro-163 is very similar to the GRECOM PSR-300 PSR-300 and *may* use the same radio control software and can use scanner cables. Note: this radio can not be computer controlled.
Frequency (MHz) Step Size Value --------------------------------------------- 25-27.405 10 kHz 27.41-29.7 5 kHZ 29.71-49.83 10 kHz 49.835-54 5 kHz 108-136.9916 8.33 kHz 137-137.995 5 kHz 138-143.9875 12.5 kHz 144-147.995 5 kHz 148-150.7875 12.5 kHz 150.8-150.845 5 kHz 150.8525-150.845 5 kHz 150.8525-154.4975 7.5 kHz 154.515-154.64 5 kHz 154.65-156.255 7.5 kHz 156.275-157.45 25 kHz 154.47-161.5725 7.5 kHz 161.6-161.975 5 kHz 162-174 12.5 216.0025-219.9975 5 kHz 220-224.995 5 kHz 225.000-379.975 25 kHz 380-419.9875 12.5 kHz 420-450 5 kHz 450.00625-469.99375 6.25 kHz 470-512 12.5 kHz 764-766.996875 3.125 kHz 773-775.996875 3.125 kHz 803-805.996875 3.125 kHz 806-823.9875 12.5 kHz 849-868.9875 12.5 kHz 894-901.9875 12.5 kHz 902-928 5 kHz 928.0125-939.9875 12.5 kHz 940-960 6.25 kHz 1240-1300 6.25 kHz
- Rebanding supported? YES
- 1000 channels and 1500 talkgroups in 10 banks
- 155 Preprogrammed frequencies
- Scan rate 60 cps, search rate 75 cps
- CTCSS/DCS abilities
- Signal stalker II (with 10 autostore channels)
- 16-character alpha-tagging with text entry can show ID code or service name
- L/O ID in "open" mode
- ID delay
- Motorola Control Channel Only trunking
- Easy-to-read back lit control and display with back lit keypad
- Search "seek" feature
- Tunes virtually all important bands—local marine, fire/police, Ham, CB, VHF-air, racing, weather, Railroad, and more
- 7 Service search ranges and 1 user definable search range
* The scanner contains these preprogrammed search ranges, stored in the search bank (SR0-SR7) * Bank Band * SR0 Marine * SR1 CB * SR2 FRS/GMRS/MURS * SR3 Public Safety * SR4 Aircraft (Civil and Mil-Air segments can be selected) * SR5 Amateur Bands * SR6 Railroad * SR7 Limit search (User changeable)
- Weather band with SAME Weather Alert and weather priority—access weather channels and alerts with the push of a button
- 1 Priority channel
- Zeromatic search tuning
- Per channel or global attenuator
- Full duplex support and USB connection using the GRE 30-3290 (RS #20-047) USB Scanner Data Manager Cable.
- Function key to access special modes and programming options
- A cloning cable may be fabricated using 2 - 1/8 inch stereo jacks and shielded cable.
Verifying the firmware version
You can verify the version of firmware currently active in the Pro-164 by pressing the 3 key during the “Welcome” screen.
Future firmware upgrades can be installed by downloading and running an upgrade program via the Radio Shack support page.
RR System Compatibility
This scanner is compatible with the following Trunking System Types and System Voices used in the RadioReference Database, of course you must verify that the scanner will cover the appropriate frequency range:
- System Types:
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
- Motorola Type II Smartnet
- Motorola Type II Smartzone
- Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
- EDACS Standard (Wide)
- EDACS Standard Networked
- LTR Standard
- System Voices:
- Belt clip
- Owners Manual, and Preprogrammed Frequency directory
- Yellow charging battery insert
- Black non-charging battery insert
- Stock antenna
Optional accessories (Not included with the radio)
- RS #20-047 Radio Shack USB Scanner Data Manager Cable.
- RS #273-1771 9.0VDC International-series high-power AC adapter
- RS #273-1863 9-Volt Vehicle DC-to-DC Adapter
- RS #273-1706 Adaptaplug C - Needed for both of the above adapters
- RS #20-283 Radio Shack 800MHz handheld antenna
- Easier to Read Pro-97 Manual (Very similar in operation)
- Radio Shack Pro-164 Owners Manual
- Radio Shack Pro-163/164 Preprogrammed Frequency Addendum
- Battery Voltage - PGM, F+ENT, Manual to exit.
- Spectrum Sweeper - Press and hold The scan/spectrum sweeper key. To select public service sweep press
F+Scan/spectrum sweeper key. Press the number to activate/de-activate band.
- Edit Welcome Message - PGM, F+Text, Enter text for 1st line, "ENT", 2nd line, "ENT", 3rd line, "ENT", 4th line,
"ENT" <to exit>.
- Edit Bank Tag - PGM, Func+<bank number>, TEXT, enter text, ENT to save and exit.
- Backlight Settings - Turn radio on, press the light button during the "welcome" message, press up/down to change
time in seconds.
- Infinite Backlight - Press and hold the light button until beep in scan, manual, sweep, or search.
- To turn Global attenuation on and off - F+ATT.
- Load Pre-programmed frequencies - Tun radio on, press PGM, 1 ENT, or any other key to exit. <Note: Will overwrite
first three banks>.
- Keytone on/off - Press 1 to turn keytone on, or 2 to tun it off, during the welocome message.
- Review Lockouts - Press MAN, F+L/OUT. Repeate to see next L/O.
- Set WX FIPS Codes - Press WX, F+PGM, enter FIPS, press ENT. F+CL to delete FIPS.
- Program Motorola fleet maps - PGM Trunk, F+arrow up/down to select bank, F+8, enter code pressing ENT after each
size code for all 8 blocks.
- Talkgroup Delay - Pess MAN, F+up/down arrow to select bank, F+TRUNK, F+./Delay, up/down arrow to select time in
seconds, ENT to save.
- Re-initialize radio <and all memory> - Press 0, 1, ENT, during welcome message.
- Starrsoft Win97 *tentative*
- ARC software for Pro-164/PSR-300 *tentative*
- GRE USB Cable
- Radio Shack USB Cable Driver
Yahoo Groups and Message Boards
FCC Type Acceptance
Return to the Radio Shack Scanners page