From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 15:26, 9 April 2013 by Trunker
The Pro-197 is manufactured for Radio Shack by GRE America Inc.
The Radio Shack PRO-197 is a Digital Trunk Tracking scanner which boasts the ability to track APCO 25 digital trunking systems, in addition to following Motorola type I/II systems, LTR and EDACS trunking systems. It is very similar to the GRE PSR-600.
- Can be updated to support Rebanding? YES
- See Sections 7.1 and 7.2 of the Rebanding article for the firmware and software links
|Frequency (MHz)||Step Size Value|
- Object oriented memory management. See the Object Oriented Scanning Described article for more information
- Built in discriminator data output in simple ASCII using the PC/IF port.
- Object programmable LED; eight factory default colors to any color / brilliance you want by having direct access to the R-G-B drive values to alert you to activity on whichever talkgroups or frequencies you choose. The LED can be solid or flash.
- LED can be LATCHed on, so the color of the last received object stays on until reset.
- Motorola Smartzone systems
- Scanner option to look for the site with the best received control channel decode rate.
(Not the same as RSSI on the Motorola rigs, but similar in operation.)
- FAVorites Scan List; adding objects to the FAVorites list allows those objects to be isolated simply by pushing the FAV button. Great for quickly zeroing in on the action to the exclusion of all other activity.
- Signal Stalker II Near field frequency capture
- Triple conversion receiver.
- Virtual Scanner Memory Management system; One copy of working memory can hold up to 1800 objects, meaning any combination of talkgroups, conventional channels, and trunking systems. Each V-Scanner folder holds one copy of working memory. So, 21 * 1800 = about 37,800 objects altogether can be stored in the V-Scanner storage system.
- Preprogrammed for most major metropolitan areas from the RadioReference database; be forewarned that many of the alphanumeric labels are of little help the way they are displayed in the scanner, more editing will be required.
- Scan rate 60 CPS
- Search speed 90 CPS
- User defined service search and limit search
- Direct Tune mode
- TCXO for frequency stability
- Default Option keys; return to default setting for any menu
- Digital AGC
- Adaptive digital tracking (ADT)
- Digital signal processing (DSP)
- CTCSS/PL/DCS abilities
- Network Access Code can be programmed to break squelch only when receiving the correct NAC in a conventional P25 system.
- 16-character alpha tagging with text entry can show ID code or service name
- Lock out individual talkgroup ID or frequency, either temporarily (until power is cycled) or permanently.
- ID delay
- UNSQUELCH Delay; Delay settings before the radio unmutes audio to speaker
- Motorola Control Channel Only trunking
- Motorola talkgroups can be displayed as either decimal or hexadecimal
- Private Calls and RadioID alpha display
- 700MHz and 380MHz Trunk Scanning
- Easy-to-read back lit display with back lit keypad; volume/squelch knobs are not illuminated, however.
- 6 search ranges/ 1 user definable search range
- Search "seek" feature
- Auto LTR Home Channel Feature
- Tunes virtually all important bands: VHF marine, fire/police, Ham, CB, VHF air, UHF Air, racing, weather and more
- Weather band with enhanced SAME Weather Alert functions and weather priority access weather channels and alerts with the push of a button
- Skywarn can be programmed with any number of "objects"
- "Multiple" Priority channels
- Zeromatic search tuning
- 20 dB attenuator
- Computer interface and programming (with computer control)
- 3 function keys; soft keys that, when pressed, execute the function that is shown just above the key in the display
- 5 way navigation keys to access special modes and programming options
- 4 line x 16 character display with relative signal strength meter
- Mobile/base design with DIN-E in-dash mounting (requires separate installation kit for your vehicle)
- BNC antenna connector
- A cloning cable may be fabricated using 2 x 1/8 inch stereo plugs and shielded cable.
RR System Compatibility
This scanner is compatible with the following Trunking System Types and System Voices used in the RadioReference Database, of course you must verify that the scanner will cover the appropriate frequency range:
- System Types:
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
- Motorola Type II Smartnet
- Motorola Type II Smartzone
- Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
- EDACS Standard (Wide)
- EDACS Standard Networked
- EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
- EDACS Narrowband Networked
- EDACS SCAT
- EDACS ESK (not ProVoice)
- LTR Standard
- Project 25 Standard
- System Voices:
- Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface
- APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive (9600 baud control channel)
- Mobile bracket & DIN-sleeve
- Printed User Manual
- Preprogrammed Frequency addendum
- AC adapter
- DC wire harness
- Stock metal telescoping back-of-set antenna with BNC plug
- V-scanner load time of 4 seconds. (PRO-96/2096 load time is ~15 seconds.)
- Adaptaplug type 'T'
Radio Shack Support
- Product Support (includes firmware and instructions)
- Digital Trunking Scanner (V-Scanner Preprogrammed Data)
- Digital Trunking Scanner (Special Global Menu)
- PRO-197 Digital Trunking Desktop/Mobile Scanner (Quick Start Guide)
- PRO-197 Digital Trunking Desktop/Mobile Scanner (User's Guide-Manual)
- RadioReference Links
- Pro-106 and Pro-197 CPU/DSP Upgrades
- Programming Your Radio Shack Scanner
- Compare the PRO-197 to other digital models
Yahoo Groups and Mailing Lists (receiver support)
Return to Radio Shack Scanners